Finally bought an e-bike

rudebhoy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2011
After months of researching and deliberating I took the plunge and bought the Trek T-80 bike. Got a great deal from Neil at Edinburgh cycle company, who took money off the bike and chucked in panniers and also changed the standard tyres to the marathon puncture resistant ones free. The bike is exactly what I am after depending on my mood I can set it to one of 4 levels of assist . First commute to work will be Monday but going to have a good play with it this weekend .

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Woo hoo! Put out the bunting and wave the flags (non royal wedding please)! I look forward to the same excitement myself.......hopefully....

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Hope you enjoy your purchase and get out there. You do find excuses to go out on it. Most people at work thought i was nuts doing a commute. But you'll feel the benefits even it its just a bit of exercise! Not to mention the travel cost. Your wallet will feel better.

Don't worry about the initial payment cost of bike or kit. You can always recoup some money when you sell it.

Let us all know how you get on!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
A very nice bike......you get out there and enjoy yourself!:)

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Enjoy!

I've been commuting by ebike for nearly 2 years now, come rain or shine, sleet or snow and the bike paid for itself in just over a year (purely against the cost of petrol and that was at prices two years ago) and it still makes me smile!

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
congrats!!!!!

youve picked a nice time to get a new e-bike the weather is great for it

you'll love it. like scott said you'll find excuses to go out and ride

I do a 50:50 cyle and drive to work. im now only filling the petrol tank once a month.

been on holiday for a week cycled everywhere I needed to go this week. got 60miles out of one charge this week too

enjoy!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good choice Rudebhoy, have fun this weekend, but remember to watch out for those "weekend drivers". They often misjudge how much faster an e-bike can be travelling, especially up slopes.

rudebhoy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Had her out today, nice day but pretty windy here about 15 mph . What can I say I love it, went up some of the hills I usually struggle with being a slight asthmatic my lungs are usually popping out of my chest on one particular hill but today despite the wind it was a breeze, still had to put in effort but only panting at the top not gasping for air :) . Now can't wait till I take her out again. Like a kid with a new toy.