Finally found the bike for me (after a lot of deliberation)

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
After months of deliberation, anxst, asking you lovely people, reading, researching, test riding, changing my mind etc, I have found the bike for me.

Weirdly, I knew all along I wanted a 28" large wheel, (like my beloved non Ebike) and was adamant of that, until I test rode a 28" bike, but felt so unsteady on that (naming no names, as it was a personal opinion of an unfit me) and enjoyed test riding a 26" ebike that I thought then I only wanted a 26" wheel (!). But then yesterday I tried out a whole range of different bikes and sizes and motors etc, etc and found out I do love a 28" bike AFTER ALL, because I found the bike that is just right for me. I also found out I prefer a crank drive to a hub motor. It just goes to show that you have to try and try and try different bikes until you find one that makes you go "YES! I love it!".

I wanted to fall in love with my pedelec/ebike as much as I love my current non Ebike. (....and I do!).

Ironically, its one that was suggested to me when I first asked about my quest on here! (Ahem....clears throat, goes bright red.....). In the end I went for comfort, not speed! (Built like me then) :p

So thank you all, for all your advice and listening to me wittering on and changing my mind eveyr 5 mins etc - I appreciate all advise and helpful comments and kind offers. Also thank you for all the chances to test ride various bikes - I really appreciate it.

I'm like a kid at Christmas - how will I wait until it is with me, ready to ride?!!

I'm looking forward to getting fit and enjoying cycling again! :O)

Now all I need to do is urgently decide on decent locks (help!) and insurance that covers my bike away from the insured address (help!). All advice gratefully received! :p

I can't wait to get cycling on my new Gepida Reptilla 1000. I know it doesn't have a massive battery range but I work and shop etc locally, so no big commute for me.

No throwing eggs please at my decision - I LOVE my soon to be with me new bike!

Yours, beaming,
Penny

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Penny

I'm delighted you've found a bike that you enjoy riding and I'm not surprised you chose a crank-drive system as opposed to hub drive. I too like the 28" wheel bikes, particularly as many of them are comfort orientated, rather than overtly sporting.

I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your purchase and that it serves you well over the coming years.

Regards,
Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations on your new bike, I'm sure you'll get plenty of enjoyment from it. I certainly have no criticism of it, the choice between the way the Yamaha and Panasonic units operate is a very personal one. Both are very capable and invariably fitted in good quality bikes which are a pleasure to use long term.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Nice one. I hope you are swatting up on the specification cause I have so many questions which I hope you wont mind answering. It'll give you something to do while you are waiting for it! ..First some easy ones:
Where did you get it?
Who makes them?
Whats does it weigh?
What did it cost?
Whats your route (assuming you are commuting): Moderate Hill, No hills, One Hill, Very Hilly, etc ..
Have you got a url link to a photo so we can see what it looks like?

Thanks - Alan

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Congratulations on your purchase.
I too would love to see this bike. I did loads of research before buying mine and I didn't come across this model.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That is a good choice! I am sure you will love it....For one awful minute I thought you where going to say it was that awful barge of a bike with horrible frame which will reman nameless! lol

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Doh!
(Pleased for you really!)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Nice one. I hope you are swatting up on the specification cause I have so many questions which I hope you wont mind answering. It'll give you something to do while you are waiting for it! ..First some easy ones:
Where did you get it?
Who makes them?
Whats does it weigh?
What did it cost?
Whats your route (assuming you are commuting): Moderate Hill, No hills, One Hill, Very Hilly, etc ..
Have you got a url link to a photo so we can see what it looks like?

Thanks - Alan
For a minute there I thought your next questions were: What is your address and what time do all the street lights go out at Farthing Towers..... ;oP

I will PM you my answers

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Penny,

WELL DONE YOU :) :) :)

You sound so happy I am so pleased for you, I,too, hope to be happy with a new bike soon.
And never mind P/m'ing those answers I am sure we ALL want to know the nitty gritty......in fact
I am going to google gepida again now.
I did ride one at reactionelectric Taunton last year and loved it but daughters wedding got in my way !!

Have fun and dont forget the review after your first few outings

Best Wishes

Lynda

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi Penny ,oh how you must be so excited ,i bet you wont sleep for a week ,as your mind plays out every flowing movement of your new bike to be ,looking for every word that has ever been wrote about the new Gepida Reptilla 1000,oh such fun,so take care my friend as dreams can come true,and yours surely has ,my very best wishes Brian.

Liang

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 6, 2011
Great that you have found the right bike for you Penny!
Finally the search is over and that must give some peace of mind ;)
Now comes the fun!!!

When are you actually getting it?

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
That's a hell of a chat-up technique you've got there Kitchenman! :D

Regards,
Indalo
I just want us all to love each other in a sharing caring world ... i.e. a spreadsheet!

eBikes London Support

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2011
Hi Penny
Congratulations good choice , because it's the one you like !
Anybody struggling to find them we have usually got them in the flesh in Battersea certainly will be at least one here for our open day on the 18th of June or online
Happy cycling Penny !
Dermot

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well done Penny, my problem now is that I used to rely on you being in my dithering gang and now I shall have to look for a replacement !!
I'm a ditherer....

Can I be in your gang :)

Lynda

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Well done Penny, my problem now is that I used to rely on you being in my dithering gang and now I shall have to look for a replacement !!
LOL!! Dither away.....I will listen and nod knowingly......

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Well its a good way to try LOTS of bikes out in one swoop.

Hi Penny
Congratulations good choice , because it's the one you like !
Anybody struggling to find them we have usually got them in the flesh in Battersea certainly will be at least one here for our open day on the 18th of June or online
Happy cycling Penny !
Dermot