Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Last edited:

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Nice. I was wanting one of those but couldn't wait for them to become available. There doesn't seem to be stocks anywhere, I went with a Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 500 as I wanted my ebike now!:)

scunna

Pedelecer
Jul 4, 2017
south shields

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Nice. I was wanting one of those but couldn't wait for them to become available. There doesn't seem to be stocks anywhere, I went with a Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 500 as I wanted my ebike now!:)
Haha, I know the feeling, I want it now!!!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Ok, quick update, I've swapped the Acid order to a Reaction Hybrid Pro 400 as, mostly due to where I live, I think the cx motor will help me conquer the 12% hill up to home! I just hope the 400 battery will give me 22 miles...

Last edited:

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Im sure yo will be fine. Its tough choosing between all the different Cube Reaction bikes, they seem to all share the same frame but with different gears & forks etc. I haven't ridden mine properly yet, but I plan to go for a blast on it tomorrow, Ive changed the Purion display from kmh to mph and I'm ready to go:)

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Im sure yo will be fine. Its tough choosing between all the different Cube Reaction bikes, they seem to all share the same frame but with different gears & forks etc. I haven't ridden mine properly yet, but I plan to go for a blast on it tomorrow, Ive changed the Purion display from kmh to mph and I'm ready to go:)
Couldn't agree more, my mind boggled trying to decide on the right model, only to change my mind. On a positive note, Cube have stock of this model so I should be good to go within a week. Bring it on!!!

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
I went to the Cycle Show at NEC purposely to look at the Acid, but even Cube didn't have one to display, claiming they were all going out to customers.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
I went to the Cycle Show at NEC purposely to look at the Acid, but even Cube didn't have one to display, claiming they were all going out to customers.
I've searched the web for any info on it and apart from Cube website and sellers, there's nothing out there!!

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Less torque when setting off on a steep hill, supposedly quieter motor, and larger front sprocket. May as well stick with the Pro I think.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Less torque when setting off on a steep hill, supposedly quieter motor, and larger front sprocket. May as well stick with the Pro I think.
Yup, I think you are right. I'd rather have the torque and not use it than not have it and need it..

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Acid has the Active Pro motor, which has less torque.
Pro has the CX motor, which is proven.
Race appears the same as the Pro, but with slightly better gears & forks?

michael1971

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 27, 2017
Sunderland
a guy at work has a 2017 reaction 400. i had a lend to try commuting on it and i reckon i'd get 40 miles on a full battery using a mixture of eco and tour. a few lumps on my route but nothing major. he's had 60 miles in one day turning the battery off when possible.
expecting to get my hands on my race this week.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
a guy at work has a 2017 reaction 400. i had a lend to try commuting on it and i reckon i'd get 40 miles on a full battery using a mixture of eco and tour. a few lumps on my route but nothing major. he's had 60 miles in one day turning the battery off when possible.
expecting to get my hands on my race this week.
That's good to know. I reckon I can use eco for most of the commute but then there is the mile at 12%, that's the battery killer!!

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Acid has the Active Pro motor, which has less torque.
Pro has the CX motor, which is proven.
Race appears the same as the Pro, but with slightly better gears & forks?
I think that's right yup. I'm not sure if the active plus is up to the big hills...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0001.JPG
that was a new 400w batt ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers