Fine Steed

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What a bloody mess !!! Ok if you want to ride a 50kg bike, it must handle like three sacks of spuds on a soggy afternoon.
I count four silverfish's, how many more lurking in the panniers.

At the other end the Royal Enfield looks pretty.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Saw this splendid self build parked at my local Sainsbury's.
What makes you think it's a self build; I think it's from one of those 'style over substance' boutique manufacturers.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
In addition to the four silverfishes - in the second photo, that black oblong with a red light on the end, under the basket camouflage looks to me like a rear rack battery, mounted sideways on the front rack. Are those two Zefal bottle holders bolted to the handlebars, for bottle batteries? I'm bewildered by the number of displays - voltage and/or heat monitoring plus kit displays? Plus whatever else. So many switches! Are some for disengaging and engaging batteries? I like that he has connected rear flashing indicator lights, via a waterproof 12V aluminium housed buck converter (pic 1, between basket and handlebar)- it's the same model I was thinking of buying to possibly power indicators. That looks like yet another battery connector hanging loose out the back, near the rear wheel in the first photo - so there may well be more batteries in the trunk and/or pannier bags. Maybe he's a Mad Max type, prepared for the oil apocalypse? His red rear light near the wheel, is on the wrong side.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
frames have waight limits for a reason so it is when not if that thing will snap in half.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
About 25kg to 30kg (or more) in batteries? Maybe it's escaped from a comedy film set? Is it normal for a fire extinguisher to be kept next to the door (third pic), was someone nervous? It's the maddest looking self-build I've seen on this forum, and one which appears to work. But there was that other top heavy monstrosity, covered in aluminium boxes for no apparent reason...

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I like egroovers reply, ' ram raided aliexpress' priceless.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney