First challenge today.

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Just got back from a 6 mile ride. About 5 youths, some on bikes were blocking the path. When I passed them, one asked if he could jump on the back, the other said "oh, I can cycle quicker than that" I said "come on then" and he started pedalling like crazy. I opened the throttle and the acceleration was immense, and he quickly realised he would never catch me up and he stopped. All his mates started laughing at him, and I couldn't stop laughing either! :D

D

Deleted member 4366

Just got back from a 6 mile ride. About 5 youths, some on bikes were blocking the path. When I passed them, one asked if he could jump on the back, the other said "oh, I can cycle quicker than that" I said "come on then" and he started pedalling like crazy. I opened the throttle and the acceleration was immense, and he quickly realised he would never catch me up and he stopped. All his mates started laughing at him, and I couldn't stop laughing either! :D
I had a similar situation. It was kids of about 12 or 13. As I worked my way past them, one said sarcastically, "Cool bike" because I have the Dutch type handlebars, so I said, "but I don't have to pedal", which totally confused him. By now they were pedalling along side me, so I stopped pedalling and opened the throttle. They kept up for a while pedalling furiously in an attempt to race me, but they eventually ran out of puff as I waved them good-by and they cheered.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
lovely stories.......If you believed the media all kids are monsters.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
They are evil!

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I saw my mate cycling this afternoon and he too challenged me, I kept slowing down to let him catch up then I would use full throttle to get away!

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I've managed to ride alongside someone else on an electric bike for the second time. I saw a Powacycle go past while I was waiting to pull out on the main road. Eventually I managed to get behind him, then alongside and got in front. Soon he caught me up when I stopped for a red light, but I got ahead again, he really took a good look at my bike but didn't say anything. A minute later he and the Powacycle were a dot in my rear view mirror!

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Synthman you gotta get some more cams on your bike ,,.front, rear and body .. that would have been an ace video clip ..

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I agree. I never have a cam when all the interesting stuff happens. I will have to post in that other topic about cameras.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I agree. I never have a cam when all the interesting stuff happens. I will have to post in that other topic about cameras.
Thats why I am using cheap cams which I leave mounted on my bike. Its like they are part of the bike. I just have to make sure that the memory card is clear and the device is charged up. The best device I have used so far is the CAR DVR torch style camera form 7dayshop. Its still £17.99!