First ebike ride tomorrow!

TanSu

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2016
London
Hello, I'm new to the site and my new bike arrived today. I bought a Ghost Teru 6 MTB with a Bosch Performance system and 500 battery.
I have set up my lights and pedals, charged my battery fully and am ready to go to work tomorrow.
I think I got a great deal from CRC and it convinced me to pull the trigger and try it....but I didn't do a lot of research tbh.
I love cycling, I have commuted on a bike for 3 years but a daily 27mile journey was wearing me out...
I stopped going in on the bike every day this September and have gained weight so I'm hoping a pedelec will help me exercise AND use my bike every day.
I'd appreciate any advice, I have ordered some marathon plus tyres for it to replace the knobbly ones.
I work Monday to Friday - what do you think my battery routine should be? I have read that charging to 80% and not dropping below 15-20% preserves the life of the battery.
I hope to ride in the least assisted eco mode - it will be interesting to see how that goes as it is quite a weighty bike.
Any advice to an ebike newbie is appreciated.

Reactions: mw1

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Good road tyres, mudguards, a rack if you carry things. perhaps higher gearing, perhaps removing the speed limiter, do it on tour, and just fully charge the battery every day.