First time ebike owner

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
hi all ,
Thought I’d introduce myself before posting questions in the forum . Just bought a cube reaction hybrid pro 2018 model . Was looking initially at the 2017 clearance stock at Evans cycles but opted for the new model with improved gear ratios and upgraded drive bearing on the bosch cx motor drive . Not been out on it yet but hoping it will become my daily work transport when weather improves . I got the hots for an ebike after renting a couple of hai bikes in Majorca back in October had great fun managed to cover 40 mile in a day , instead of 15 mile on a ‘normal’ mountain bike . I don’t like riding on roads much but have the Bridgewater canal cycle path that runs close to me and also Worsley loopline ( which used to be a train line but now converted into walk / cycle way ) . I’m 49 live near Manchester in UK I’m trying to keep fit rode to work 2-3 days a week through summer hoping the ebike will give me the enthusiasm to ride all year round ? Hoping to smash some of my personal best records on strava shortly , I know it’s cheating but if it keeps me active and out of the car who cares !

Reactions: tommie