Fitting Internal Dropperpost

Gresh

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Hi
I want to fit an internal dropper post to my Cube Reaction Hybrid SL 500 E-bike . Will i have to drop the motor to fit the internal cable around it.

Thanks Gresh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It depends on where the cable exits. Some come out at the top and some at the bottom. Also, even if it comes out the bottom, on some frames there's enough gap to wiggle the cable through. Best to get one with the cable coming out the top, then you don't have to worry.

One thing to look out for, there are often cables that run under the seat tube, so make sure nothing goes low enough to rest at or bump on the bottom.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
I can’t add anything more to the above route wise
I’ve fitted loads and there’s many variations of cable routing
One extra thing Always make sure you have enough outer cable to allow the seat post to be adjusted and make sure the outer runs free to allow the adjustment

Gresh

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2020
It depends on where the cable exits. Some come out at the top and some at the bottom. Also, even if it comes out the bottom, on some frames there's enough gap to wiggle the cable through. Best to get one with the cable coming out the top, then you don't have to worry.

One thing to look out for, there are often cables that run under the seat tube, so make sure nothing goes low enough to rest at or bump on the bottom.
Thanks for the information.

Gresh

Just Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Hi welcome
I can’t add anything more to the above route wise
I’ve fitted loads and there’s many variations of cable routing
One extra thing Always make sure you have enough outer cable to allow the seat post to be adjusted and make sure the outer runs free to allow the adjustment
Ok thanks i will remember that.

Reactions: Fat Rat