Fixes for carerra crossfire cut outs?

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Hi took the plunge ordered crossfire e as seemed reasonable spec for price and it gets good reviews. One issue that's frequently reported is cut out. numerous fixes reported but no indication of there longevity. Any owners here that have fixed this problem long term? If so how (pictures may be helpfull). Asking now as Murphy's law seems to attach itself to me with frequency.:cool:

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
Lack of long term fix may also indicate lack of long term problem. My wife & I both have Crossfires, different frames but massive savings in the sale, and in well over 1000 K we have had the power cut off 3 or 4 times between us. It was a minor inconvenience rather than a problem in our riding. In every case the power was restored simply by unlocking and the reseating the battery. We make sure a battery key is in the toolbag.
I haven't kept a record but it seems to me that the few cutoffs we have had happened in the early days. Maybe the battery settles itself more comfortably with use?

Reactions: Re tyred

Re tyred

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
in my house
Lack of long term fix may also indicate lack of long term problem. My wife & I both have Crossfires, different frames but massive savings in the sale, and in well over 1000 K we have had the power cut off 3 or 4 times between us. It was a minor inconvenience rather than a problem in our riding. In every case the power was restored simply by unlocking and the reseating the battery. We make sure a battery key is in the toolbag.
I haven't kept a record but it seems to me that the few cutoffs we have had happened in the early days. Maybe the battery settles itself more comfortably with use?
Ty bryn sounds good to me hopefully I will get more replies like this but as it was the only real -ve thought I would be best being prepared and checking it out, forewarned is forearmed and I like to be prepared. Wish I had got it prior to increase but as I asked nice man in shop checked internet for halfords deals and gave me10% of thereby negating the recent increase. Halfords take note this man's initiative a) got a sale and b) will mean I think of giving them future custom even if their charges are Slightly higher