Flecc appreciation society

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
Hi Everyone
if you haven't seen the photo of Flecc's trailer in a previous thread tonight, then you really need to. I am so impressed I'm almost but not quite lost for words! I though I was doing well with a mule.

Hi Flecc, you're the man

Off the subject, my "back-up battery" is up to 128 cells now, and is turning into my battery.

Grizzly Bear

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Griz, let us no how you're getting on with that battery. I didn't give AA cells much of a chance, using them with an over 600 watts groos motor, but I'd like to know how they last when used on more moderate power.

I wondered what was happening when I saw the thread title, if you're trying to embarass me, you're succeeding. :eek:

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
Hi Flecc
I'm not trying to embarass you, you are the man.

Anyway I've been using 64 cells, and found them ok, but the Lidl batteries are so cheap, I couldn't help myself, now 128 cells. I've got no fancy circuitry to complicate matters, and now I am embarassed to say, as yet not even a fuse! But there you go, I'm not going to do anybody any harm, except myself of course!

Regards Grizzly Bear

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sounds good Griz, fuses are for wimps! :eek:

Glad it's running well, and when a cell imbalance does exist and cause a failure of a cell, an output fuse doesn't prevent it anyway. I've usually found that when a set of cells runs ok, they gradually improve their matching and get better with each charge/discharge, so yours will possibly be good for years now.

At those prices, quite a bargain.