Flyer F for sale

Boby

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 27, 2008
Flyer F in the market

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am trying to find an e-bike for me. Today I found an interesting item at the auction portal - Flyer F.

The seller of the bike is quite unaware of the bike previous life which must have been exciting. The key was lost and the lock was replaced. As a result of these improvements the motor does not work.

The world Flyer F population is limited so I may luckily contact the previous user. Where the bike comes from? What was its mileage? Any other damages?

Boby

Attachments

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
First of all beware, "lost key" sometimes means a stolen bike.

These are made by the Swiss BikeTech company and were their first e-bike before the introduction of their Panasonic motored Flyer series, all of which are very expensive. This F model was never officially in the UK since it is illegal here, powering to over 22 mph.

Spares will be extremely difficult to get and very expensive in the UK. The only place where there could be any expertise on this model might be Vita Electric of Hampstead London, but even there it will be very limited.

Not a good prospect to buy, but heres a better photograph of the F model:

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
hi there was one of these on the german ebay site about a week ago asking price was 4000euro the licence plate is for fast bike over 25kph i think

jim

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, the plate is because it's registered for the high speed e-bike class which exists in Switzerland and a similar one in Germany. These classes add further restrictions like compulsory helmets and third party insurance. Not here in the UK though, or any other EU country.