FOR SALE: 16" BMS 350W rear-drive motor (36v)

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I have just one, and it's been used, but is in a good condition mechanically (for about 15 months) and has plenty of life in it.

I fitted this to my first Mezzo 16" folding bicycle. It was the first ever conversion of a Mezzo (anywhere in the world) so it's something of an historic kit!

The motor is 350W 36v with HAL sensors and is chrome/stainless steel (restricted to 250W and marketed as such by BMS Battery in Hong Kong). It turned out to be over-kill on my Mezzo due to the size and weight. It slightly compromised the fold, and was unnecessary weight basically (the motor itself weighs 2.9kg approx).

Now there is one problem with this kit. After fitting it myself (the inner-tube got trapped due to not being fitted properly, and there was a massive blow-out on the back tyre (the inner tube literally exploded!). Unfortunately this happened in the middle of the night, about a mile away from home. So I had to wheel the bike back on the bare rim partially, and as a consequence, the wheel rim has got a bit roughed up. It's nothing too drastic and rather than have the motor re-spoked, you could just lightly sand-paper rub-down the existing wheel rim to remove the rough edges and use it. You could of course de-spoke and re-spoke the motor and use it in a larger wheel rim. There are a couple of guys who do this for around 25-30 quid (one is a forum member, another is a local firm I know, Wilkinsons Wheels that comes highly recommended).

The kit comes with a basic analogue console showing PAS levels (although an LCD upgrade may be possible), with buttons and battery power level indicator, thumb throttle (or half/full grip throttle options), brake levers with sensors, or an inline brake sensor if you wish to use existing brake levers. There is also a pedal crank PAS sensor, and of course the 250W controller unit.

I'm looking for offers around 120 quid for this kit and will do free economy tracked delivery at that price (insurance is extra though). (If you want to make a lower offer, you pay for delivery).

NO BATTERY IS INCLUDED - However I can supply a 36v10Ah 1.95kg Li-ion battery brand new, for 150 quid (allowing for VAT & Duty+Charges which may, or may not get charged) along with a free charger (either the super-compact fanless 7 hr trickle charge one, or the fast 3 hour one (no extra cost, you choose) both are very similar to laptop-sized chargers in size and weight, the 3 hour one is just slightly longer and a bit heavier). There's about 7-10 days lead time possibly on battery+charger, unless we have any left in stock. Larger Ah capacity and custom-sized shapes can be provided on request, else the battery is oblong shaped.

I will post pictures of the kit soon, and wheel rim condition, and batteries/chargers available if anyone is interested.

Collection is welcome from Redditch,Worcestershire B98 8YN, weekdays or Saturdays by arrangement.