From SE France

Rosbif

Just Joined
May 3, 2012
Hi all,
lived in France for long enough to become a pensioner! Got a 'normal' bike - cheapish country bike with 21 derailleur - but no pedelec (vae here -vélo assité par électricité).
However, finding it hard(er) to go up mountains, and fed up with towpaths and level roads, so I'm seriously thinking...about Gépida, Cannondale Bosch, or am I crazy to spend a month's income or more on a bike?
Yes I know I'll have to try one or two, but could anyone suggest what to try as I'll have to book in advance and drive two hours to get to dealership.
I like the look of this website.
All the best,
Rosbif
(means roast beef - that's how the French get their own back for froggy!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi all,
lived in France for long enough to become a pensioner! Got a 'normal' bike - cheapish country bike with 21 derailleur - but no pedelec (vae here -vélo assité par électricité).
However, finding it hard(er) to go up mountains, and fed up with towpaths and level roads, so I'm seriously thinking...about Gépida, Cannondale Bosch, or am I crazy to spend a month's income or more on a bike?
Yes I know I'll have to try one or two, but could anyone suggest what to try as I'll have to book in advance and drive two hours to get to dealership.
I like the look of this website.
All the best,
Rosbif
(means roast beef - that's how the French get their own back for froggy!

Hi Rosbif and welcome to the Pedelecs site.

Others will be along whose advice will be much better than any I might provide. I shall be in Lyon for a few days from tomorrow and will probably make extensive use of their municipal bike hire scheme.

Unless you're really good with engineering and electronic skills, choose a bike with good local support in your area. That's all the advice I'd offer at this moment.

Enjoy choosing a bike.

Indalo

C

Cyclezee

H Rosbif,

Welcome to the forum.

I might be stating the obvious, but I guess what you try is dictated by what is available in your area.
Can you be more specific about your requirements, budget, range, style of bike etc. Also your location in SE France?

Regards,