Front forks to suit electric motor

sewagesparky

Just Joined
Jul 2, 2011
I'm converting my road bike to electric operation. I bought two old electric bikes and have reconditioned one of the 36V 200W motors, which I'm building into a 27" wheel. The motor was in the rear wheel of the donor. Does anyone know where I can get forks to suit a 27" wheel with approx. 140mm between lugs and a 220mm long 1" dia stem tube?

Thanks

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Thought most front forks are 100mm, don't know of any 140mm, think you may struggle finding any suitable forks.....

---------------------------------
Posted using Tapatalk :)

sewagesparky

Just Joined
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the advice but I want to keep my current rear wheel / gear setup. I've got a pair of old forks and have worked out the dimensions of the necessary 'S' set required in each leg (need to add approx. 24mm each side). A local forge reckons they can do the necessary, but before committing to this just wanted to see if there is anything 'off the shelf' to suit. I could look out for a front wheel motor but since this is only by way of an experiment and the two old bikes cost me very little.......

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
try giving Frank at Powabyke a ring they do forks sprung or unsprung for 24" 26" and 700c. I know when I can find 27" wheels I put in 700c and only hae to adjust the brakes a little so I think 700c forks would be your best bet and they are made to take a hub motor as theres are all front wheel motors these days
01225 786791

sales@powabyke.com
regards
Fatts

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
I've just emailed powabyke asking for a price for a fixed fork for an x-byke. I wonder what the price is for each type (fixed, suspension) and how worthwhile the suspension forks are- most comparisons I've seen seem to point to the fixed forks rather than less expensive suspension ones. Anyone tried both types on a powabyke?

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
No answer from Powabyke yet. Fortunately I'm not off the road waiting for help from them.

I've just emailed powabyke asking for a price for a fixed fork for an x-byke. I wonder what the price is for each type (fixed, suspension) and how worthwhile the suspension forks are- most comparisons I've seen seem to point to the fixed forks rather than less expensive suspension ones. Anyone tried both types on a powabyke?

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
I know some of the staff were on holiday worth ringing them look up no. on google or email again