Fuse problem with Jing Cheng charger

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
I have a Jing Cheng charger which keeps blowing the 2Amp fuse (quick blow F type), The fuse is on the incoming power 240V AC from the mains.

As soon as you plug into the mains......... it blows, charger isn't even connected to the battery :confused:

Is the charger duff or can I uprate the fuse to prevent this :confused:

I acquired the charger with a second hand ebike, the seller informed me (at the time) that he had just ordered the charger from China

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Never uprate the fuse! It's blowing for a reason, probably a duff charger....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, duff charger. I don't know this make, the main companies for e-bike chargers are HighPower and Shengzhen in China and Metco in Taiwan.

It seems to be for a lithium battery, if so you might find Powacycle about the cheapest for a replacement, the charger for their Salisbury LPX model would be suitable. You might have to change the connector though, depending on your present bike.

Come to think of it, do I remember correctly you bought a second hand Powacycle?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
The full Shenzen company name is ABT Electronics. or Shenzen ABT Power Tech Co Ltd. Shenzen is a place in south China - a bit like Felixstowe!

Chinese companies often start with the name of the area they are in... Probably linked to how in Oriental languages names are written with the family name first and then the given name(s).

The company is quite good for having datasheets and other useful info online.. I think the Powacycle charger is on there somewhere.

ABT Electronis

Last edited:

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks all, it looks like a duff charger then :eek:

I have two Powacycle kits (I say kits as I have removed them from both bikes) I'm no bike snob but the build quality of Powacycle isn't to my standards, I'm a serious cyclist.

The Jing Cheng charger came with a second hand Powacycle Cambridge, it wasn't the original charger, this was misplaced by the person I bought it from. The battery on the Cambridge is NiCd.

I have another Li-Pol charger from a new Powacycle puma with Li-Pol battery, (see attachment) it works fine.

I removed the e bits from the Cambridge and sold the bicycle as a normal MTB, the e kit has not been used, but I have plans :D

Attachments

Last edited: