Gear adjustment

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it is a bosch motor you got +- 5% either way and you set this via the wheel size as used for different sized tyres.

tho if you get a bad ass dongle you can remove it in seconds ;) i ride past plod all the time and not interested.

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
That's interw
if it is a bosch motor you got +- 5% either way and you set this via the wheel size as used for different sized tyres.

tho if you get a bad ass dongle you can remove it in seconds ;) i ride past plod all the time and not interested.
That's interesting. How do I access the wheel size menu. Mine is 29er so what do I set it as? Thanks

May look into dongle for off roading;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Xdrive

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh i did mess about with mine but never got more than 1mph if that but try it as my bike has 650b wheels so might make more of a difference.

if you cant get in to the wheel size then a dealer can do it for you.

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
tbh i did mess about with mine but never got more than 1mph if that but try it as my bike has 650b wheels so might make more of a difference.

if you cant get in to the wheel size then a dealer can do it for you.
I take it I reduce the wheel size? Nothing higher than 29er :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah turn it down and see if you can get more top speed if you go to far i think a error pops up.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
only the dealer can do it then or get a older display and try that as it is a option on mine.

id just get a dongle and forget about it ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a light cable goes in to the motor for a front and rear light but it is default set to off.

a dealer can turn this on if wanted.

Reactions: Xdrive

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
I had the the circumference of tyre reduced to lowest as I was told wheel size is fixed. It does feel slightly faster but cuts out same speed as before. Is that right?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can change the wheel size but it will always cut out at 15mph ish as you just get to that speed faster.

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
you can change the wheel size but it will always cut out at 15mph ish as you just get to that speed faster.
I thought you get 1mph more as the wheel will need to rotate further to reach same speed. But because it has higher circumference in reality that means you get a bit more speed. If that makes sense :)

I feel I'm going faster even though I'm going at 15.6mph but it could just be in my head. Should have used sat nav to check speed before and after.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
buy a dongle you will get 20mph more ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Has anybody tried rotating their wheel magnet around the spoke until it gets to the point of working intermittently? There must be some point at which pulses get skipped.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Has anybody tried rotating their wheel magnet around the spoke until it gets to the point of working intermittently? There must be some point at which pulses get skipped.
You can put a magnet in the pedal Allen key hole then move your sensor to pick up the magnet as the pedals rotate past. It will mess up any speedo but so do the dongles I have seen (a lot cheaper too).

D

Deleted member 4366

You can put a magnet in the pedal Allen key hole then move your sensor to pick up the magnet as the pedals rotate past. It will mess up any speedo but so do the dongles I have seen (a lot cheaper too).
That doesn't work anymore.

Related Articles

Advertisers