Genuine company from Germany ?

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020

Click the link...
Thanks ill check them out ..for anyone else iv just checked bikster.co.uk

out via facebook and everyone who has sent for a bike to this German company
are raging on facebook page iv just read so many bad comments rgards customers bing ignored whn still awaiting weeks / months for their bikes and theyre very quick
at taking their moneys from bank cards right away .
Not a good company it seems so I wont send for any bike there at all.

Its always well worth doing your homework if thinking of sending away online
which I admit now I am wary about.. and thinking its best you go to a store
and make some appointment and can look at bikes and possibly
try a couple out and then see what u like ..as then u are seeing first hand

if any faults or if all is fine and your happy then u purchase .

But thanks for this link Kirstin much appreciated and as said I shall check it out .

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
What amazes me is that they cannot be bothered to swap the brakes around before sending the bike to the customer.
What else can they not be bothered about?
Also, the front mud guard is too short and you will get wet feet.

• :D
Reactions: budsy

DavidN

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 14, 2020
Looks very dodgy indeed as they are also operating out of a UK front
& a Swedish front
& a Dutch front
& a French front
& an Italian front
etc...
I bought my NCM Moscow from Leoncycles.co.uk, bike arrived in a week from Germany and all emails were from their German site so not sure they even have a UK site.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
An ebke can go for 8 hours if you use it in the lowest power setting, it will go days if you use no power at all. On the other hand use it on the highest power setting and you might be lucky to get 2 hours so the LBS was right in one way.

Todays ride I was out for seven hours, I returned home with 25% left.

HalsetadHarrier

Jul 25, 2020
O dear...

Just joined the forums and having just bought a bike from Bikester..... read all the posts regarding them, and had a quiet little weep. I had some inheritance money and having worn my first ebike ragged thought I'd get something better (the old bike was literally falling to pieces; beyond repair)

I bought this: https://www.bikester.co.uk/haibike-sduro-hardseven-80-blackkingstonred-1078856.html

Delivery was very good - 5 days in early July but.. I hate it. It's billed as a hybrid tourer and there's no touring ability whatsoever - it's so, so uncomfortable to ride. In high gear for the hills the battery is sporadic and doesn't support the rider (and we have perhaps surprisingly tough hills round here - Brasted Hill, York Hill anyone?). It's just not fit for the purpose I bought it - really can't see who it would suit tbh. Having read other's experiences with Bikester perhaps I should count myself lucky to have got a bike at all? Just started the returns process but I'm guessing I can kiss all my mum's hard-earned money goodbye. Anyone with experience able to guide me - hugely appreciated - I feel a right chump? Thanks so much in advance.

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
O dear...

Just joined the forums and having just bought a bike from Bikester..... read all the posts regarding them, and had a quiet little weep. I had some inheritance money and having worn my first ebike ragged thought I'd get something better (the old bike was literally falling to pieces; beyond repair)

I bought this: https://www.bikester.co.uk/haibike-sduro-hardseven-80-blackkingstonred-1078856.html

Delivery was very good - 5 days in early July but.. I hate it. It's billed as a hybrid tourer and there's no touring ability whatsoever - it's so, so uncomfortable to ride. In high gear for the hills the battery is sporadic and doesn't support the rider (and we have perhaps surprisingly tough hills round here - Brasted Hill, York Hill anyone?). It's just not fit for the purpose I bought it - really can't see who it would suit tbh. Having read other's experiences with Bikester perhaps I should count myself lucky to have got a bike at all? Just started the returns process but I'm guessing I can kiss all my mum's hard-earned money goodbye. Anyone with experience able to guide me - hugely appreciated - I feel a right chump? Thanks so much in advance.

If you paid with a credit card then your second line of defence is the cc company, if bikester don't meet their obligations. If you paid some other way, you may be out of luck.

Reactions: HalsetadHarrier

HalsetadHarrier

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks so much GSV3! Unfortunately I paid on my debit card - will check their rules for such things; thanks for the nudge :)

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
The Consumer Rights Act (formerly Distance Selling Regulation ma) allow you 14 days after delivery to return it for a refund for any reason at all. If they won’t play ball then .ask your bank to do a chargeback.

Reactions: HalsetadHarrier

HalsetadHarrier

Jul 25, 2020
The Consumer Rights Act (formerly Distance Selling Regulation ma) allow you 14 days after delivery to return it for a refund for any reason at all. If they won’t play ball then .ask your bank to do a chargeback.
O bless you nigelbb - s*ds law just out of the 14 days but if Bikester aren't just a front - they say they take returns up to 28 days, Hadn't heard of a chargeback - thanks :) In truth it's exceptionally rare I ever return anything - maybe 5 times in 1k plus various transactions.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
O Lordy - how would you know if it isn't fit for purpose if you don't use it... Thanks Wander...pulls out tissues again...
Hi been a while now since this topic on " bikester " began I was speaking since quite recently to a guy who bought an expensive Cube e-bike from bikester
and all he said was he had waited a while around 6 wks until he received his bike
and all was fine he said ..

Just wondering after all the scare stories in this thread regards bikester
did you receive your bike ok and was all fine with it ?

Be good to know as also isn't fair on any company who are getting
a bad name when alls fine ?

HalsetadHarrier

Jul 25, 2020
Hi been a while now since this topic on " bikester " began I was speaking since quite recently to a guy who bought an expensive Cube e-bike from bikester
and all he said was he had waited a while around 6 wks until he received his bike
and all was fine he said ..

Just wondering after all the scare stories in this thread regards bikester
did you receive your bike ok and was all fine with it ?

Be good to know as also isn't fair on any company who are getting
a bad name when alls fine ?
Budsy - my Haibike was delivered very quickly - less than a week and they were very good at communication etc. Didn't go through with the returns process in the end but they did arrange return pick up within the week too. Don't know what the outcome would have been therefore cannot judge further. All done in a time fashion in my experience - hope this helps.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Budsy - my Haibike was delivered very quickly - less than a week and they were very good at communication etc. Didn't go through with the returns process in the end but they did arrange return pick up within the week too. Don't know what the outcome would have been therefore cannot judge further. All done in a time fashion in my experience - hope this helps.
Quick answer back , good to know , meanwhile safe riding .