Getting back into cycling

Richie T

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2022
Hi All
I have just purchased a yose power 36v 350w ebike conversion kit, for an old mountain bike I have. This was bought from yose power themselves ,which is a 26"rear wheel drive with a screw on threaded type cassette but,I have a slight problem the screw on threaded cassette is universal and designed for a 6-8 speed sprocket. I have a 7 speed sprocket, when I screw the cassette on to the motorised hub it screws on so far that it rubs against the motor hub and keeps jamming do you think I could put a spacer behind the sprockets to stop it rubbing up against the motor and jamming. Has anyone else experience this problem, Could someone shed some light on the problem please .I did offer a spacer onto the hub and there is still plenty of thread left to screw the cassette on

Cheers
Richie T

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Just to clarify you have a standard 7 speed freewheel and it screws too far onto the thread of the hub motor to the point the largest cog is touching the motor hub side plate. As you say you will need a spacer to prevent the freewheel screwing on to far. If it was a non-standard freewheel not made by Shimano or Sunrace but perhaps one of the types that is a bit non-standard like 8 speed freewheels then perhaps the freewheel uses the slight angle of the spokes to allow a bit of extra depth and the motor hub has more of a flat surface so can't accommodate that design. Maybe you don't have much ability to move the freewheel closer to the dropout either in that case. 6 speed freewheels aren't as deep. Maybe the threads on the hub motor have been machined a little too far towards the hub motor or you have a freewheel that has threads that are too wide. Hopefully a spacer will enable you to move it slightly, it should be the same size as bottom bracket and cassette spacers I would of thought but not 100% sure of this.

Richie T

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2022
Thanks Bonz
I have just bought a set of shimano spacer rings 35 mm I.d 1.0,1.5,2.0, 2.5,and 3mm thick,
Tried the 3mm but the sprockets protruded out to far and were rubbing the frame changed it for the 1mm shim happy days. Think the threads were cut to close to the hub now with the 1mmshim it is working fine
Thanks for your help and reply now everything thing is fine just charging the battery now ,and can't wait to take it for a spin. Cheers all at pedelecs especially Bonzo Banana

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

Alimarsh45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2022
Thanks Bonz
I have just bought a set of shimano spacer rings 35 mm I.d 1.0,1.5,2.0, 2.5,and 3mm thick,
Tried the 3mm but the sprockets protruded out to far and were rubbing the frame changed it for the 1mm shim happy days. Think the threads were cut to close to the hub now with the 1mmshim it is working fine
Thanks for your help and reply now everything thing is fine just charging the battery now ,and can't wait to take it for a spin. Cheers all at pedelecs especially Bonzo Banana
I had the same problem , same freewheel 7 speed. I have a spacer but it's just something I found in a box i had. I think I'll order what you have as mine isn't anything recommended.