Giant suede bike help please

67padlock

Just Joined
May 12, 2020
Nottingham
Hi I need some help as a newbie on here. I have an immaculate giant suede bike which has developed an issue just when needed for exercise lol. If I peddle the front wheel doesn’t rotate, battery fully charged, crank sensor 2 wires bridged wheel spins at full speed ok. Do I have the plastic sensor disc fault if so how do I get this piece off. Thanks John

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it uses a two piece sensor and magnet disc, make sure the magnet disc is firm fitted/fixed tot he Bottom bracket axle and only turns when the crank is rotated, check the gap between sensor head and disc is minimal 2mm.
Check if any brake cut out is the issue.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome to the site
hope you get your fix soon

67padlock

Just Joined
May 12, 2020
Nottingham
If it uses a two piece sensor and magnet disc, make sure the magnet disc is firm fitted/fixed tot he Bottom bracket axle and only turns when the crank is rotated, check the gap between sensor head and disc is minimal 2mm.
Check if any brake cut out is the issue.
Hi thanks for your quick reply and advice. I checked the brake cut out all ok, decided to take crank innards apart and check clean springs and blew compressed air inside rotor/sensor. Reassembled crank and tested all now working just seems like you have to put a bit more pressure on pedals to make motor spin. I can live with that or it maybe it was like this before as it’s been out of service for a while. Thanks again for your guide stay safe John