Giant Twist Esprit Power W

patrick from the peak

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2011
3 Months ago we took delivery of two brand new Giant bikes under the auspices of the Electric Bicycle Network, who were setting up a base in the Peak District. Accomodation providers and bike hire outlets were invited to lease these bikes with a view to then renting them out to their guests/customers. I understand the bike outlets have done well with their hiring, but the accommodation providers hav struggled to rent theirs out. (We are all near the various former railways lines adapted for level traffic free cycling so really for so many, electric power is not needed). However without exceptioon all those accommodation providers taking on the leases have said that they love riding them themselves (apart from myself, none had a history of cycling.) Anyhow as I now only want one for use by myself and one wife, (given that I am not hiring them out and the leasing costs are extremely high), I have taken up an offer from the Electric Bike Network to buy myself out of the leasing contract by buying the bikes outright, and now want to just sell one of them, either a small or medium frame, keeping the other for our own use
The bikes retal at £1690 and we are looking for offers around £950 in the light of three months use (by oursleves only apart from a total of just 30 miles by guests on each bike)
The manufacturer claims a range of 50 miles. I have been using them on low power, invariably including one 25% degree of several hundred yards length (when I move up to medium power), in the extremely hilly peak district and been getting nearly every time just over 30 miles. On one journey where it was not quite so hilliy (but still included a 25% degree hill) I achieved 35 miles and on one journey where it was a whole succession of steep hills I only achieved 22 miles, but on a more undulating course the manufacturer's claim certainly seems justified.
The official spec taken from the manfacturrs web site is:
AluxX aluminium frame
- Giant suspension fork with oversized crown and external rebound adjuster
- Giant Twist Sync Drive electric front hub motor
- Giant Ride Control integrated cycle computer and system controls
- Panasonic 2W High Power LED front light
- Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal gear hub system