Go Faster Dongles! Here's another to consider

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Being a numpty.... so probably talking a load of B*****cks.
If a 29er was reset for a 26 inch wheel wouldnt that give a bit of a boost?
Yes and why not set it for a 20" wheel (or smaller if it'll go) whilst you're at it.

WorldClassAccident

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2016
The bike
20160311_134041 by WCA!, on Flickr

The sensor doubled back on itself and taped to the frame. It should fit on that blue lug on the rear stay just within the pereimter of the wheel rim
20160311_134049 by WCA!, on Flickr

The kitchen door magnet taped to the pedal arm
20160306_104511 by WCA!, on Flickr

The magnet passing close to the sensor - tape pulled up a bit by mistake
20160311_134146 by WCA!, on Flickr

The original magnet is still in the wheel doing nothing but waiting for me to put the sensor in the correct position when I leave the private land.

Nothing else touched.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Or just buy a dongle and give up worrying about cranks and sensors and magnets and error codes and electrical tape and..........!
It's not a case of worrying about it.. I am sat here bored waiting for the postman to bring a new cassette and chain ring and the subject is interesting...

WorldClassAccident

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2016
Or you could save £140 and do what I have done. It works in the same way but doesn't invalidate your warrenty.

Anyway, I only wanted to share my way of successfully doing it. I am not suggesting you have to do it.

It is Friday and sunny I think I shall leave the internet and go for a ride (at a max assisted speed of 15.5mph as I will not be on private land this afternoon)

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
It's not a case of worrying about it.. I am sat here bored waiting for the postman to bring a new cassette and chain ring and the subject is interesting...
I don't think it'll work on our bikes, but you don't know for sure until you've tried it.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Or you could save £140 and do what I have done. It works in the same way but doesn't invalidate your warrenty.

Anyway, I only wanted to share my way of successfully doing it. I am not suggesting you have to do it.

It is Friday and sunny I think I shall leave the internet and go for a ride (at a max assisted speed of 15.5mph as I will not be on private land this afternoon)
Thanks for sharing. Certainly worth trying if you have a newer Bosch bike.

Reactions: Izzyekerslike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say 9 times out of ten that this will not work as it must be faulty as it should not work but seems to on his bike.

its just strange some ppl can get it to work on new bosch and Yamaha motors but for the most part most just get error codes when trying it.

worth a try tho if wanting a dongle and save 100 quid ;)

WorldClassAccident

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2016
Just back from a 2.5 hour ride. I love being able to ride again. I am not sure if my arse hurts more from cycling or my face from smiling.

Anyway, I switched over on a bit of private land and I got an error code 503. At last I feel like one of the gang!

Made no difference to the boost and left the blokes private drive at almost 30mph chased by a Porsche Macan. ;-)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
wait till i get my section 1 fire arms licence :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lol cant shoot human beings or the sheep get banned other wise ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015