Grandma keeps tabs on Grandad.

Grandad

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2007
Devon
grandads.googlepages.com
How does your loved one know where you are and what you get up to?

Here you see Grandma gazing fondly at the tracking device she has had fitted to my bike.:mad: I have a bit of a problem cocking my leg over it when mounting and dismounting! (The bike that is.)

She uses this progam on her computer to instruct a satellite to pinpoint my position. She can also show my meanderings, scary eh?

It causes quite a bit of interest from bystanders, I usually tell them that a satellite gathers power from sunlight and then beams the energy down to charge the batteries. As it always knows where I am, it knows where to send the energy beam. Some interesting facial expressions can be observed.

So..........how does your opposite number keep track of you? Please be creative and 'honest'.;)

Jeff

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It seems Grandma gets a bit fed up with watching you Jeff, judging from her wooden expression. You'll have to tell her it's all done by CCTV these days.

Me? No-one watches me, I do whatever I like whenever I like unsupervised. :p

richard

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2007
berkshire RG8 UK
Don't worry Grandad one day there will be a big solar flare, knock out all the the nav sats, you will be free and the rest of the world will be in total chaos !!

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

OR it could be true love grandad yikes:D like flecc i am my own boss i like it that way do what you like:) when you like:D PS hope to order a new ezee liv in the next few days i be catching flecc up 2 down 1 to go NIGEL

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
With a daft job and two children aged one and four, I don't have the time or energy to do anything that would need watching.

It reminds me of the old joke:

Man 1: "My wife drives me to drink"

Man 2: "You're lucky, mine makes me walk"

Django

Tintaglia

Pedelecer
May 23, 2007
Nr. Newquay, Cornwall
My wife is nearly always out riding with me. I seem to fall off in any number of amusing ways, so she does have to keep an eye on me as I disappear off her radar. When she has finally managed to stop laughing she has to come back and extricate me from whatever predicament I have got myself into. In this way she keeps track of me by listening out for the cries of consternation that always accompany my demise. :D

Usually it's a ditch or a hedge, but my favorite is trying to put my oh so short leg down on the downhill side of a slope.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
Grandad

How does your loved one know where you are and what you get up to?
simple i am where she told me to be doing what ime told :( years of experiance have taught me its the safest way.

mike

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Im lucky, My missus is on holiday this week, taken the kids off to Wales with her sister and her kids.

Its my annual, 'week off', so Ive booked the week of work too :)