Grease for a Bosch CX Motor

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Hello,

Any particular grease needed for a Bosch CX motor? Is it special Bosch stuff or just regular grease be okay?

Just looking to better lubricate (preventative measure) to eliminate any future creaks etc.

Many thanks in advance,

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Are there any DIY guides on here for accessing the motor, greasing and service work required?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you or a dealer opens the motor it voids the 2 year warranty so best to leave it alone until it runs out.

• Useful
Reactions: The Bear

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Hello,

Any particular grease needed for a Bosch CX motor? Is it special Bosch stuff or just regular grease be okay?

Just looking to better lubricate (preventative measure) to eliminate any future creaks etc.

Many thanks in advance,
About you can do is avoid spraying water into bearings when cleaning bike. Service drive side bearing seal regularly. More MTBing you do more it needs servicing.

See attached parts list for grease and spare seals. Will also need spider tool to remove chainring guard also in list. Watch video

Attachments

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
About you can do is avoid spraying water into bearings when cleaning bike. Service drive side bearing seal regularly. More MTBing you do more it needs servicing.

See attached parts list for grease and spare seals. Will also need spider tool to remove chainring guard also in list. Watch video

Pity that he did not quote the torque tightening figures for the lock ring and crank.
To me he hardly tightened them at all.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Pity that he did not quote the torque tightening figures for the lock ring and crank.
To me he hardly tightened them at all.
My crank bolt fell out the other day whilst cycling, resulting in my pedal falling off. The new bolt needs torquing to 43 - 48Nm. I shall be applying a drop of thread lock to mine as I'm checking them after each ride and they are both coming loose.