Great White North

Mountie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 5, 2018
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I turned 51 this year and my lovely wife bought me a turbo levo expert in May of this year. I absolutely love the bike so much so that I ordered the new carbon expert which arrived this past October. I have been looking for a new hobby that would help get me fit and this bike and a huge amount of local trails are just the ticket. I live about an hour from the Rocky Mountains and look forward to exploring this upcoming year.
Recently the weather in northern Canada has been harsh last two weeks we hit -49c with the windchill -35c without so I haven’t ridden much. But I did get to venture out New Year’s Day when it warmed up to -15c but only for an hour before the bars had collected to much ice and the shifter started to turn sluggish as the lube inside it started to freeze.
Anyway glad to find this forum and can’t wait for +32c summer rides.

Regards,
Mountie

63BFF5C9-1405-42FC-8D69-ED57F661F5D6.jpeg

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
Hello Mountie! That is some quite extreme weather and a very nice bike!

If you're out in -15c it really shows there is no such thing as bad weather on a bike, only bad clothing. I'd love to visit your part of the world sometime. I bet the views round there are stunning no matter what time of year it is.

Richard

Reactions: Mountie

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Wow - makes me feel like a wimp :eek: However I think I could handle that better than the persistent precipitation of the aqueous persuasion that we've been havingo_O:D at least your bike isn't covered in mud. Small blessings!

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Mountie :)

We chose Alberta and BC for our 25th wedding anniversary holiday three years ago. Did a road trip starting at Downtown Vancouver, Whistler, Jasper, Banff, Kamloops, Kelowna and finished on Vancouver Island. You live in an awesome part of the world - I didn't want to come home!

Gaz

Reactions: Mountie

Mountie

Jan 5, 2018
Canada
Hello everyone thank you for making me feel so welcome, much better than the reception I received when I joined a mtb forum lol. Yes it is rugged here at times and can be very unforgiving if your not prepared.

Thanks again

Mountie

Jan 5, 2018
Canada
Quick picture of the bike in warmer times when it arrived. And carbon frame pic with battery removed.
09F88CAF-2168-45BE-B0F3-06BC253A061F.jpeg

BB41EA99-1498-44C2-8979-E32D1309A599.jpeg

Reactions: Gaz