Green Edge Blackstar 2 for sale.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
have decided to sell one of my e-bikes. It is the folder, a Green Edge Blackstar 2.
I thought I would try it on here prior to using eBay, as it is a more informed readership!

Basically, since getting my eZee Sprint, I have scarcely used it; the overall mileage to date is about 2,400. My original reason for getting a folder was so that I could just pop it in the boot and extend the distance away from home that I could travel, but having a big Ping battery on the other bike with a range of nearly 50 miles, this is no longer an issue. Despite my best efforts, my wife is not really keen on e-biking either.

Here is a link to E-Bikes Direct, who are the current sellers. They in fact took over the Battersea premises (and business, I suppose) of the original importers, Green Edge themselves, whom I found very helpful in my early days of ownership: Http://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/Item/Electric_Bikes/Folding_Electric_Bikes/Green_Edge_Black_Star_2_Folding_Electric_bike.aspx
Their current price is £999.

And here is a link to my original review, etc.: Http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bike-reviews/3139-green-edge-blackstar-2-review.html
It does feel a lot more solid, stable and comfortable than any other folder I have tried, which is why I bought it in the first place!

I bought the bike in October 2008. At that time the battery, which is 36v x 13Ah (quite big for a folder, but not very heavy!), was giving me about 20-22 miles with moderate pedalling. On one occasion in summer last year, I got 27 miles, but that was on a level towpath with a bit more pedalling. Surprisingly, the battery does not seem to have deteriorated much, and the last time I went out a few weeks ago, I got 18 miles and it had not run out.

It is fitted with Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres and a Cateye computer.

I would be looking for around £400.

Obviously it would be very easy to collect (near Welwyn, in mid-Herts.), but I would be prepared to deliver it up to a radius of about 50 miles.

Last edited:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I meant it would be easy to collect in any car because it's a folder. I wasn't implying that everyone lives near Welwyn!
I guess a courier could be arranged if necessary.