Greenedge CS2 from ebikesdirect

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
Hi everyone this is my first review of an ebike so please bear with me .
I write this review after owning this bike since the end of September and clocking up 1800 miles on the bike computer.
My first ride was amazing round the block a few times to get a feel . Everything was great till I got my first puncture on the way to work . I quickly realised I didn't keep an eye on tyre pressure and the kenda tyres that came with it wasn't great for gravel paths so fitted continental travel contacts and slimed the tubes no more problems from there on.
Its a great bike even for me the 19" frame was adequate even tho im 6ft2 great for local commutes I was doing 15 miles a day monday to friday and for a few hours on the weekend . I would highly recommend this for a first time ebiker . Any questions on this bike please feel free to ask I have one of these bikes for sale due to fulfilling my dream and upgraded to a HaiBike sduro hardnine as the mileage is crazy but that I will review in good time

artoflosing

Just Joined
Sep 21, 2013
I bought one of these in February. I am really enjoying it, too, and have done a lot of miles (though have no way of counting them). Points to bear in mind:

1. The frame size may be too big for some - the lowest saddle height is higher than it looks because of the suspension saddle. However, I am only 5'6, so try it if you can. If not, measure everything before you buy. It comes with a longish stem, which can be swapped for a shorter one. It's the saddle height that could be an issue.

2. Mine arrived with the pedal motion sensor not working. The nice man on the helpline at ebikesdirect was very helpful, and I'm sure they would have made sure the bike was working to spec, but I realised that I *prefer it that way* because I can ration myself and get more exercise, just using the throttle to kick in on the hills or when my knees get sore. I am even happier with this arrangement than I would be with a pedal assist :)

3. The saddle got loose after some muddy trail-riding but once I'd dismantled it and cleaned out the grit it was fine. But I did ride around with the allen key in my pocket for a while.

4. This bike is a sort of rugged hybrid rather than a mountain bike but I haven't had a puncture yet and I have ridden it on a lot of trails. You can't ride it over kerbs, though, because the battery jumps out (learned that one the hard way).

5. Excellent price - these are now on offer at £649 or thereabouts and as such are stunning value. You can always upgrade bits and pieces as you go along.

6. For that price, you get a load of really well thought-through features, including:

Lightweight frame (one of the lightest I've seen at this price point)
Kickstand (also not too heavy, and so handy)
Suspension saddle (makes a big difference, nice one)
Disc brakes (ditto)
Nice looks (racy, green livery)

I have put wider bars on and a shorter, higher stem, to get the perfect riding position for my back. This was cheap and not very demanding, technically.

I also plan to upgrade the forks and maybe get more rugged tyres for winter riding, when I have the budget. In the meantime, this is one of the best budget e-mountain bikes I have seen, and I spent a lot of time researching.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm surprised that they don't get more of a mention. I think they look pretty good, all the stuff is standard proven Chinese, so easy and cheap to sort out if you ever got a problem, plus, E-bikesdirect have a very good support system. For the price, I can't think of a better bike.

Reactions: Bigdaddyuk666

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Dare I mention the woosh Sirocco?
Nice MTB, reliable 8-Fun motor, 10AH 36V battery, extremely good value at £585.

http;//wooshbikes.co.uk/?sirocco

martinb

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
Leicestershire
A mates just bought one £595 inc delivery.
Just about keeps up with the haibikes and great value for money.
A little irritating not knowing the range left but it's done 18 miles and one light left

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
It was a great bike but I needed more range here is the only picture u got of both together when I convinced the better half to have a go lol instead of walking a few miles to local asda