Greetings from a newbie

Smartypants

Just Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Good morning all. I’m new to the world of e-bikes and have yet to purchase one.

not knowing much at all I’ve been looking at the wisper 705, rood oh and more recently the Apache wakita nexus and wakita city.

any advice would be appreciated. I will use the bike for leisure and exercise. It is quite hilly and terrain where I will ride so want something with decent suspension.

hope to hear from you. Have a great day

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Stick with established brands that use standard parts and have an established and proven record of customer care, or buy a cheap Chinese bike that you can fix yourself, but only if you have tht basic ability to fix things.

Smartypants

Just Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Stick with established brands that use standard parts and have an established and proven record of customer care, or buy a cheap Chinese bike that you can fix yourself, but only if you have tht basic ability to fix things.
My question then (as someone who knows nothing about electric bikes) apart from Brompton and Gocycle - both of which are out of my price range; is Wisper and Apache established and proven brands?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Not sure about Apache. Wisper, Woosh and Ribble are good established brands that (mostly) use standard parts which will be easy and cheap to fix or replace as needed.