Haibike 2016 XDURO Allmtn RC or 2016 XDURO FullSeven RC?

Magnus182

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi guys,

The past couple of weeks I've been eyeballing/drooling over Haibike e-mtb's and this forum has also been a great help to me too. This week I tried a couple of Haibike's like the XDURO Allmtn RC and the SDURO Allmtn RC. Unfortunately I could only try them on the road. Both bikes really impressed me and back on my way home I decided I would purchase the XDURO Allmtn RC because of the 500Wh battery. The price of this bike here in the Netherlands is 4.399,00 euro (I almost can't believe I'm ready to spend this much on a bike..)

When I got home I browsed the internet and weighted all the options again. I ended up at the website of a well known Dutch bike retailer and saw the 2016 XDURO FullSeven RC with a discount of 690,00 euro (list price 3.799,00 euro). It certainly got my attention because it could save me 1.290,00 euro.

The most (to me) important difference I could spot was the travel of the shocks, 150mm vs 120mm, and I like the look of the XDURO Allmtn RC better. But when I save that kind of money I could easily get over the look.

I live in the Netherlands and that is where the bike will be used mostly. My country is mostly flat and I plan to use it on forest trails. However, I do plan to take the bike to Belgium and Germany a couple of times a year.

My question is do I miss out on anything if I buy the XDURO FullSeven RC? I'm ready to pull the trigger anyway and I would really be dissapointed if I came to the conclusion that I should have bought the XDURO Allmtn RC.

Many thanks in advance for the advice!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can change the front forks for bigger ones but you cant change the rear shock for more travel.

i have 150mm front rear and use it all and some off road.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Do it, you will love it.

That's a bargain.

If you are looking for reassurance, here it is.

Vasilis_Pap

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2015
Just to throw a spanner in the works, the yamaha motor/battery although 400wh seems to me to be able to cover more miles than the equivalent 500w motor. At least that's my comparison to a performance bosch motor and 500wh on 2 trekking models I have

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
You have the same dilema as I did. Xduro allmtn rc or Sduro. I chose the Yamaha because I've had their moto x bikes in the past and was always happy with them. The battery doesn't seem to be an issue as I run out of power before it does! But all my use is off road. It might be different using the bike on the road if you do lots of milage/kms? The suspension though is a different issue. As all my use is off road the 150mm is fantastic, so comfortable and forgiving but would 120mm be much different? A difficult choice but from what you say about your local habitat/usage, I think I would go for the cheaper bike?
I've just checked, the full 7 comes with a 500 battery, so its all about the suspension.

Last edited:

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I think that was the right choice at that price. Enjoy it and keep us posted with your experiences. :)

Magnus182

Jun 18, 2016
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Dixxy

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2016
no not in netherlands, thought it might be delivery to uk. should have read the thread better.

Magnus182

Jun 18, 2016
The Netherlands

Should anyone be looking for a bike mechanic repair stand for their e-bike, I can highly recommend the Park Tool PCS9. It's sturdy enough for a heavy e-bike and it can even rotate the bike 360 degrees. Very good quality for a reasonable price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Reactions: Crockers

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014

Should anyone be looking for a bike mechanic repair stand for their e-bike, I can highly recommend the Park Tool PCS9. It's sturdy enough for a heavy e-bike and it can even rotate the bike 360 degrees. Very good quality for a reasonable price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
You only bought it because it colour co-ordinates with the bike and power washer lol.

Reactions: Magnus182