Haibike on Ebay 30 mph

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Great that it's good for commuting.
It would beat all the cars around here. Probibaly in London too.

Nothing dogy to see at all

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The link states "Obviously by going over the 15mph cut off these dongles are FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY!"

It should state for off road use only, on privately owned ground/land.

The two statements are very different. One is misleading and legally incorrect, and one isn't.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
The link states "Obviously by going over the 15mph cut off these dongles are FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY!"

It should state for off road use only, on privately owned ground/land.

The two statements are very different. One is misleading and legally incorrect, and one isn't.
And there are problems off road...lots of areas only allow pushbikes ( all National Park areas) and as we all know some areas banned to mountain bikes..Worries me that either NP will cotton on and simply ban all ebikes because some fool has fitted a pulse modifying dongle and ridden into walkers. Or police cotton on and ebikes are simply put into moped or mc classes. Either scenario will stop the ebikes in their tracks ! Sales will plumet.
There are folk on here openly claiming top powered speeds of over 30 mph. Seems some shops are cashing in on this, which simply amazes me. Selling and or fitting dongles to folk obviously using bikes on road or in National Park areas are risking the freedom to use pedelecs as we currently do. Yes, I know bikes could be looked on as under performing, and current legislation unfair but this behaviour only justifies current limits and will justify removing them. Apologies if this standpoint upsets anyone but removing pedelecs from pushbike classification will upset loads more.

I,d be interested to know exactly where all these folk are using their bikes, ie private land. I have enduro and trials bikes and frequent most "legal" places to use them . Never seen a mountain bike at any of them.

The notion Police/ Yamaha / Bosch cant tell is burying heads in sand. They can read this forum for starters . Police are turning a blind eye at moment, as they did when powered skate boards hit pavements.. They know but its not an issue yet, once it is ( ie when somebody is hurt) things will change.
If somebody thinks all this is wrong, please come back and explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and paul20v

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but there are bikes out now that you can not even tell that it even has a motor as its all hidden in the bikes frame.

be a tad hard for plod to to tell if was nothing more than a normal bike.

can you tell where the motor is?

Mar 9, 2016
but there are bikes out now that you can not even tell that it even has a motor as its all hidden in the bikes frame.

be a tad hard for plod to to tell if was nothing more than a normal bike
Well that's even more reason to get us all banned ! If authorities cant identify illegal bikes they just put then all in next class up. Police have neither the time or inclination to start examining bikes, ( unless involved in accidents) so they,ll just ask for reclassification. Being able to spot the illegality is not really the issue, think they,ll tell when pushbikes which in theory can only do 15 mph are flying about at 30.. Not a problem at moment because there aren,t that many on road but moment there are ,I,m telling you things will change.
Everybody is openly talking about upgrading pedelecs ? Its been very naive..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is if you race it in comp tho you could probebly raise the 15mph limit.

just will drain the battery faster.

you sacrifice distance for speed

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
say you could get a bosch motor with a 400w batt to 50mph it will drain the batt @50wh

so all that speed will get you 8 miles at best and the batt would be flat.

with a dongle id not go past 25mph as overthat it nukes the battery.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Part of the problem is lack of police out on the streets capable of enforcing obscure bike/pedelec laws or even more blatant offences. For instance today I followed a yound lad on a stripped down field motorcycle, unsilenced exhaust, no no. plate and no lid merrily riding on urban roads without a care in the world.

Mar 9, 2016
Part of the problem is lack of police out on the streets capable of enforcing obscure bike/pedelec laws or even more blatant offences. For instance today I followed a yound lad on a stripped down field motorcycle, unsilenced exhaust, no no. plate and no lid merrily riding on urban roads without a care in the world.

It was Soundwave ( smiling
emoticon)

Reactions: EddiePJ

WorldClassAccident

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2016
I heard a rumour the other day that some car drivers exceed the speed limits. Apparently that is okay because the limits take no account of conditions, the user or anything specific to the situation!

Thank god the eBike limit has such a great founding in international law and the fundamentals of physics, otherwise I would have dismissed it as another law made just to ensure there was a law in place

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union