Haibike return policy

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
evening all. I going to pick up my first EBike tomorrow, a Haibike XDuro hardseven 4.0. I've ordered a 45cm frame, as I felt the 50cm they had in the shop was a little big as I could barely touch the floor. I'm since thinking that this was probably the better size.

I called the shop to say not to build the 45cm as I wanted to try to find a stockist so I could try both, but they had already built and tested the bike.

So, do I presume that as the bike has been unboxed, built and taken for a 1/2 mile test ride that I am bound to have it as Haibile will presumably not take the bike back?

That's what the shop has implied, and I understand if that's the case, but just wanted to check before I bring it home.

I've already paid, part cash, part finance through the shop.

Thanks

Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
They recommend a size, you need to test that size. If it fits then you have asked for and paid for a bike. Your fairly honour bound to buy it.
If it's no good you can return it as not fit for purpose, but the Halibike is fairly dam fit for biking.

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Thanks for the replies. I don't think you can class the bike as not fit for purpose. I guess it's my fault for not trying to find a dealer with a bike to test fit.

Hopefully it will be ok, if not, keep your eyes out for a bargain

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but there is no other option size wise is there? cant see a 48cm

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
No, it was a choice of cutting the seatpost by an inch on the 50cm or raising the seat up by an inch on the 45cm.

I went for the 45cm as I though if had to cut the post it couldn't be right.

I'm 5'10 and my wife 5'8. So hoping the 45cm will fit both of us.

Fingers crossed

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so the 50cm with a dropper post should work out right then?

my bike is 48cm and id not want it in 45cm for the same reason as be to short reach wise to the bars.

tho that bike has a flat stem so that could be changed for a longer one at a angle for more reach.

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Yes, I think 50cm with dropper post would have possibly been the best option. Unfortunately this goes back to the issue I have ordered a 45cm

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
You will be fine the sizes overlap.

You are going to move the seat between the two of you any way

You will love it, just ride it

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it dont fit then it dont fit doping 5cm in a bike frame is alot tbh both sizes are the same price what about the one in the store you tried ?

Reactions: D8ve

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
The one in the shop was the SDuro with Yamaha motor and cheaper components. I've gone for the XDuro with Bosch motor and slightly better components, which is £400 more.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
As SW said. It fits or not. If not take the other bike and a refund of difference.
£400 gets some nice upgrades when the original stuff wares out.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they got 2 demo bikes now then ;) you have not even received the goods yet so cant see what they can do about it tbh if you dont want it, its not like you have even ridden it is it ?

as you might not even like the bosch motor then ask is the sduro for sale with 40% off as it is second hand lol

Reactions: Gaz

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
The one in the shop was the SDuro with Yamaha motor and cheaper components. I've gone for the XDuro with Bosch motor and slightly better components, which is £400 more.
You bought an Xduro after trying an Sduro !!!

You are going to want to send that bike back.

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the new pwx Yamaha motor does cost more than the bosch as a replacement part out of warranty, and the 500w batt is more.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
the new pwx Yamaha motor does cost more than the bosch as a replacement part out of warranty, and the 500w batt is more.
Has any one ever had to buy a replacement Yamaha motor, ever? Photo evidence of invoice will be needed hearsay is not acceptable.

He bought an Xduro after trying an Sduro, to quote D. Trump "so sad".

Paying £500 for a replacement battery that has low internal resistance and works the same at 10% as 100% or does not burn my house down has a lot of attraction to me.

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not that i have seen as i think there the best for reliability wise well the old one anyway over bosch but both have low fail rates esp Yamaha.

they was cheaper than bosch say a year ago but not now.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Hmm...I actually tried the Bosch on a Gepida Ruga, but for £200 extra decided I'd rather go with the more well known Haibike.

I felt the SDuro 4 just didn't have the quality, so "upgraded" to the Bosch. In hindsight I could have got the SDuro 5.5 with the same components.

I think the Yamaha vs Bosch argument will continue to run...

• Informative