Haibike sduro cross vs hardseven sl

bbb111

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2015
Moscow
Well kind of. I know some guys who ride on cubes with bosch motors. But as far as I am aware off I am the only yamaha pedelec owner in the country.

I am not sure what the welder will do exactly. But bicycle frame welding is his bread and butter, he does everything: full suspension, hardtails, road bikes, welding custom recumbent frames. He promised to take pictures of the process and provide 2 year warranty for the job. I will post photos here tomorrow evening, if the frame will be ready by then.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
should be fine if can give his work a 2 year warranty with it ;)

all the rear bolts fall out of my bike so cable tied them in so dont lose them as 40 quid each and cant buy them dir from winora ffs as has to be a dealer.

bbb111

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2015
Moscow
It's ******* haibike m8! They would fit trekking deore on a hardtail to increase their profit for 5 eur off a bike and use unsealed bearings in a headset to gain another 3. I am not surprised that your rear bolts fell off. Check out with your local turners or millers, they might make you new ones cheaper. At least in moscow custom made bolts would cost maybe 5 quid tops.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
go over on the German forums there not to impressed with haibike bosch either.

less you got it from a dealer you screwed warranty wise for parts as not got bike from say ebike shop will not sell you some parts as there bikes only.

and no 3rd party warranty either, also most uk dealers will void all warranty if dongle is used.

why i just get what i need from Germany as its cheaper anyway tho ill be fooked if i can get a new motor skid plate grrrrrr.

haibike part so forget it ffs

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
At least in moscow custom made bolts would cost maybe 5 quid tops.
Still not as cheap as carrying out correct and proper maintenance. Those bolts only work their way loose, because of neglect by owners. No one can blame Haibike for that.

There are only so many times that you can try to advise on preventative measures, and I'd rather get rid of a bike than have to run it with cable ties.

Last time of posting this 'help'. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-many-people-are-using-there-e-bike-off-road.15780/page-42#post-273626

"Loose the cable tie. With proper maintenance the linkages won't come loose.
Whilst for whatever misguided reason German Pedelec and now UK forum users think that it's smart to fit a cable tie, it isn't. You won't be aware of when it starts to loosen, the movement created between the threads won't be noticed, the movement will increase with wear, then all that will happen is that you will strip the thread, and the swingarm will be scrap.

Do the job properly. Buy a torque wrench and correct thread lock. Carrying out correct maintenance checks aside, If it still bothers you, another tip is just to add a small blob of tipex/correction fluid across the bolt and linkages. That way, it is plainly obvious if there is movement, as the seal between the two is broken.

I can't imagine why Haibike never thought of fitting cable ties to every linkage. I guess that they thought it might put buyers off. Or perhaps they just thought that routine maintenance would stop any issue from happening."

Last edited:

bbb111

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2015
Moscow
Still not as cheap as carrying out correct and proper maintenance. Those bolts only work their way loose, because of neglect by owners. No one can blame Haibike for that.
Yea, those should be serviced each 3000 km. However they still wear out over time. Btw does haibike use bearings or friction pair in their full sus?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
in the link ed posted

Vasilis_Pap

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2015
Ok. Sduro cross does not come with a twin front crank wheel as I have been informed. That limits a bit the possibilities of speeds. I am now looking more towards the trekking models

Vasilis_Pap

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2015
Small update. The 2016 sduro line brings 2 models of each cross and trekking. The RC and SL. The SLs only have 10 gears while the RC 20. As I will be using the bike to have a child seat as well I'll be going for the trekking model