Haibike sizing

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Evening all

I've just placed an order for a Haibike xduro hardseven 4. I just have a question about sizing, although it might be a little late!

I'm about 5"10, but short in leg and long in body. I tried a 50cm frame and it seemed fine, although we had to swap the seat for one that would drop all the way.

Am I being silly orderring this size, or should I drop down to a 45cm, which the shop didn't have for me to try?

Because I am fairly long in the body, the distance from seat to handle bar was fine, but I'm just concerned that the seat might be a bit high, considering it's too high in standard form.

Thanks

Mark

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
get a dropper post and that will sort it yes it is a bit to big for you but a 48cm would be about right imo.
DSCF0257.JPG

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2017
Bay Area, Ca
I'm 5'8" and I own a Haibike Nduro size 45cm. The seat post of these frames are a bit tall and the top tube a little short (compared it to my previous Medium Stumpjumper Evo). Thats why the reach is fine but the saddle height is too high.

50cm is too big for you I think, since you haven't taken delivery of that bike. You should still be able to demand the right size. If they cant help you with that, cancel the purchase.

Its the bike shops job to help you get the proper size bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul smith

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Im 6"1..an have a 48cm frame...with saddle lowered right down..my feet can just about touch the ground...i would say 50cm may be a tad to big for you...agree with above post..bike shop should help you get proper size.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I am 5' 10" with a 30" inside leg length and my Haibike has a 56cm frame. Love it! If you are not going to be doing a lot of technical off road stuff it should be fine at 50cm. You will love the larger geometry of the frame. No, I can not put both feet down at the same time while seated but who does when they come to a stop. You usually have one foot on the ground, one foot on the raised pedal ready to shove off and the bike at a lean to compensate. Having said all that, the 45cm model has a generous amount of seat post and will still fit you fine.

Bodigidi

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2017
Somerset
Thanks for the replies. I've tried the 50cm again, and just think it's a little big. I could just touch the floor on my tip toes, but didn't feel comfortable.

I would also like to be able to share the bike with my wife and daughter, to get most value out of the bike. So I've decided to go with the 45cm frame.

Reactions: Emo Rider

Lennydoom

Just Joined
Jan 28, 2019
USA
Hello, someone can give advice? Looking for a seat at the bike for long rides.
Sometimes my wife uses it, but basically I ride.
Which is better, a firm sports seat or a wider and softer one.
I watched the comparison here : https://www.bestadvisor.com/bike-seats, but I could not decide.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Saddles are personnel, eg; a hard narrow one for you may not be suitable for SWIMBO.