Haibike's - What do you think?

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
a frame break is pretty unusual :rolleyes:

as has been demonstrated on this thread. parts can be ordered from Germany and here within a week anyway(frame a different scenario) so it would certainly not put me of buying a bike from Germany as Hugh has just done, and myself in the past...
Fully agree Eddie but if one does break (especially when Bike is under warantee) I would expect the distributor/manufacturer to provide one in a resonable amount of time not say we dont have any in stock and wont be getting any more for x months !!!!.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Haibike at 350 w looks perfect .
Just need full Susser with Rohloff .
Happy days

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Garry, Whether you buy here or Germany in the unlikely event of a frame failure there are going to be delays..all you can hope for is a loan bike , Ton got that even though the relationship with retailer far from straightforward. That case not a very good example of anything anyway.......

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Garry, Whether you buy here or Germany in the unlikely event of a frame failure there are going to be delays..all you can hope for is a loan bike , Ton got that even though the relationship with retailer far from straightforward. That case not a very good example of anything anyway.......
Eddie fully agree not going to get one the next day but would not expect to have to wait several months to get a new one especially on what is bascally a new bike. Loan bike is a good start provided its like for like (ie at least as good a spec as one broken).

Tell me if you motor home broke down tomorrow would you be happy to be told that they MAY get the new part for you sometime in February and we can loan you a transit van as a replacement if you want ?

Any way thats not the only example. I believe David at Wisper tried to talk to them about bringing them into UK and Haibike were not even remotely interested.

Maybe now that Raleigh in UK are also involved that attitude has changed and Haibike in the future will offer better support which would be good as I do agree they are good nice looking bikes and will help bring up the general quality of ebikes in UK. But anyone thinking of selling them surely needs to know this information so they can make sure they are making the right choice to sell them ?.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Again.....a poor example!

Retailer was waiting for an apology before he would do anything. It was a peculiar and contentious situation and Ton has not even kept us up to date.....

Seems to be plenty of the bikes on German retailer sites. I certainly would not be making a purchasing decision on the strength of that case! Meaning, yes I would buy one.......

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Seems to be plenty of the bikes on German retailer sites. I certainly would not be making a purchasing decision on the strength of that case! Meaning, yes I would buy one.......
Yes but in Germany they are getting the full support of Haibike. I should remind you it was the dealer not the owner who stated how long Haibike would take to provide a new frame so the spat between them and buyer does not enter into this. As I said I hope going forward that is true in UK as well as I have no axe to grind with Haibike and hope they do establish themselves in UK.

As for buying them years ago some people bought a Edsel :D After all it was a Ford and so had to be good. Based on current track record I very much doubt I would buy one and I bet im not the only one. Again info a dealer needs to know before stocking.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
My KTM Bosch bike arrived in 2 days...I can get any parts I would realistically need mail order within a week..your fussing about nothing...

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
My KTM Bosch bike arrived in 2 days...I can get any parts I would realistically need mail order within a week..your fussing about nothing...
Whatever .....

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think obviously the big worry does come down to warranty, and therefore a UK distributor and good dealer support is going to help this.

I know that some people have bought these bikes direct from Germany but in the event of a problem, I personally wouldn't want to fuss about trying to talk to the Germans and wait while my bike has to be shipped there and back etc. If it was sold properly over here then this could be sorted out on the spot!

As for frames cracking/snapping, we have very few entering our shop these days. But that said if I was spending 2-5K on a bike I would not want the worry in the back of my mind.

Back to buying a bike from Germany, its all well and good reading reviews/looking at pictures but I think its best to visit a dealer and see/touch/feel/ride the bike...

Saying that there's a nice local woods to my shop so I may end up taking a few people out for a ride on the Haibike's, when the time comes. A good 10 miler round trip with some rough stuff in between, who's game? :)

10Mile Ride.jpg

Martin

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Whatever .....

have not seen one case of broken frame on German pedelec:

you know what put me of the Haibike, it was the UK retailer. the xduro is light, well spec'ed for 2K and shape of frame meant wife would be OK on it for holidays etc... I saw that there was some issues regarding people breaking the removable HMI, dropping the bikes on the rough stuff, not fitting properly and flying of and breaking etc... unlikely to happen to us with our usage but still... So I asked if they stock item and was ignored. then there was the issues Bob blew it encountered with his order, so that was it as far as I was concerned. Just as well as the semi folder AVE fits our needs in a better way...

I like to think I'm a fair judge of character and Martin seems sound, so lets hope his obvious enthusiasm turns out to be realistic, and we will all be better served with some decent bikes on our doorstep. Raleigh are THE European BIG boys..it should work

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
I like to think I'm a fair judge of character and Martin seems sound, so lets hope his obvious enthusiasm turns out to be realistic, and we will all be better served with some decent bikes on our doorstep. Raleigh are THE European BIG boys..it should work
Fully agree and I really do hope Martin can deliver what he says and wish him nothing but good luck in getting it all sorted.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Fully agree and I really do hope Martin can deliver what he says and wish him nothing but good luck in getting it all sorted.
Thanks Guys! I'm in the process of sorting it now.
I can also confirm the 3 models we will be bringing in from the range!

Martin

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
What put me off haibike was the uk dealer.
If I am spending upto 4k on a new bike , I would expect a little more interest.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
What put me off haibike was the uk dealer.
If I am spending upto 4k on a new bike , I would expect a little more interest.
You would hope wouldn't you.....

You seem to be a man with funds, so I really would also look at Swiss flyer X series as well, the new 29'er is under 4000 € so value a bit better these days. 26 inch cheaper still. hand built and beautiful...best description I have seen is in Swiss video when chap says "it's like floating on zee road" and that's what it felt like to me on the few brief tests at a German show. Simply the most impressive bike I have tried.

Mind you just spotted this!!

edit: cant seem to link directly to it but it is at top of list: 2013 Haibike eQ Xduro FS RX Pro

http://www.drumo.nl/index.php?id=169

Last edited:

Whoare

Banned
Oct 2, 2012
Matlock
You would hope wouldn't you.....

You seem to be a man with funds, so I really would also look at Swiss flyer X series as well, the new 29'er is under 4000 € so value a bit better these days. 26 inch cheaper still. hand built and beautiful...best description I have seen is in Swiss video when chap says "it's like floating on zee road" and that's what it felt like to me on the few brief tests at a German show. Simply the most impressive bike I have tried.
Hi

Check this beauty out.

Focus Jarifa Offroad Premium XT

Wish I was 40 years younger!

Regards

Philip

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ok Guys,

So here it is, the 3 models we are focusing on and that will be coming into the UK are as follows.

Haibike eQ Xduro FS All Mountain 26" -Haibike
Product Spec Page - http://portal.haibike.de/download/artikeldatenbank/artikel/haibike_händlermappe_einzelseiten_2013/eBike/hai_eq_xduro_fs_all_mountain_2013.pdf

eQ XDURO All Mountian 26.jpg

Haibike eQ Xduro FS SL 26" - Haibike
Product Spec Page - http://portal.haibike.de/download/artikeldatenbank/artikel/haibike_händlermappe_einzelseiten_2013/eBike/hai_eq_xduro_fs_sl_2013.pdf

eQ XDURO FS SL 26.jpg

Haibike eQ Xduro RC 29" - Haibike
Product Spec Page - http://portal.haibike.de/download/artikeldatenbank/artikel/haibike_händlermappe_einzelseiten_2013/eBike/hai_eQ_Xduro_29_rc_2013.pdf

eQ XDURO RC 29.jpg

Prices have not yet been comfirmed, neither has availability but should expect to see these start of 2013.

A nice mix of bikes, a couple of well specc'd full suss'ers that fill a big gap in the market over here, and a decent 29'er that should be good on and off the road, ideal for commuters that also want to have a little fun at the weekend on the rough stuff!

Regards
Martin
e-bikeshop

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
just realise we are very price sensitive over here and expect to pay no more then ze Germans...maybe we should pay less cose were poorer?:p

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Cakey top of the range bike I linked to above has new 11ah battery but no 350 watt option.haibike don't seem to offer it......So I was wondering what the difference is, as if both limited to 50 Nms maybe the 350 usable power only translates in road use at high speed? So maybe in a mountain Bike the difference negligible

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
The haibike I fancy is fs Rx pro , none of the above
I linked to it about 4 posts back...

cant seem to grab a picture:confused:

try this: Haibike

YES! it works...stunning bike...

Last edited: