Haibike's - What do you think?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hello Guys,

We are looking into the Haibike in addition to our current ebike range for next year.

The Haibike range can be found here - Haibike

What do you guys think?

UB-Haibike-Xduro-All-Mountain-2013.jpg

The spec seems pretty good and we like the idea of the new Bosch motors etc.

Also check out this immense climb! - Haibike - The Sky is The Limit on Vimeo

Looking for some opinions..

Regards

e-bikeshop.co.uk

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I think they would sit very well with your Raleigh range. modern well spec'd and some models useful on the rough suff..Have not really caught on here due to lack of supply and only one retailer. By far the most popular Bosch powered bikes over on German pedelec forum. So If you can get them, support them properly with software updates, spares etc...I am sure they would sell well

Have had 2 Bosch powered bikes (KTM & AVE) and it is a very satisfying system...

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Great looking bikes and as Eddie says with proper support should be well worth stocking.

However there is evidence that Haibike are not really interested in the UK and also provide poor support in the case of anything going wrong (In the UK). I Suggest you do a search through old posts on this site for a better idea.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hello guys,

Thanks for your feedback so far, If we were to introduce the range in both our shops we would be offering UK support, this along with a new UK distributor for the new year could encourage the brand along.
We will only support the brand ourselves if we can offer the same support for our customers.

With a big UK distributor on hand we could offer the necessary parts / warranty spares quickly to the end user.

Obviously there is quite a few bikes in the range, we were wondering what particular models people would be interested in, obviously price is going to be a key factor so as soon as we can announce prices we will.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hello Guys,

We are looking into the Haibike in addition to our current ebike range for next year.

The Haibike range can be found here - Haibike

What do you guys think?

View attachment 4496

The spec seems pretty good and we like the idea of the new Bosch motors etc.

Also check out this immense climb! - Haibike - The Sky is The Limit on Vimeo

Looking for some opinions..

Regards
Why did they cut the video,did he manage to reach to the top? That makes the bike half way impressive.:eek:

Mountainsport.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
The Haibike eQ Trekking is a delightful machine to ride. Wide handlebars complimenting the spot-on geometry result in excellent handling through the twisty bits and predictable straight-line running. The Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes will stop it on a tanner if needs be. A huge range of gears available on the SRAM 3/27 Dual-Drive. As with all 'big-wheelers' it's very comfortable over the bumpy stuff.

The only changes I've made were swapping to Conti 'Country Plus' tyres to suit my trail riding, and reaming the rims to take Schrader valves...I can't be doin' with snobby presta's. A long mud-flap was also fitted to the front mudguard.

I would recommend this machine to anybody with upward of a couple of grand burning a hole in their pocket.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
The Haibike eQ Trekking is a delightful machine to ride. Wide handlebars complimenting the spot-on geometry result in excellent handling through the twisty bits and predictable straight-line running. The Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes will stop it on a tanner if needs be. A huge range of gears available on the SRAM 3/27 Dual-Drive. As with all 'big-wheelers' it's very comfortable over the bumpy stuff.

The only changes I've made were swapping to Conti 'Country Plus' tyres to suit my trail riding, and reaming the rims to take Schrader valves...I can't be doin' with snobby presta's. A long mud-flap was also fitted to the front mudguard.

I would recommend this machine to anybody with upward of a couple of grand burning a hole in their pocket.
Wow 'Blew it'

Would you like to be employed to stand in our shops when we stock these in? :)

Great review! Glad yours has been treating you well.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi,I first rode the Haibike at the Tour de Presteigne-I thought it was the best off road bike I have ridden.The only problem was poor delivery and parts support from Germany.
Hope you do well with the range.
Dave
Kudoscycles

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
3 I would think, blew its trekking model, a full Susser, and a cheaper hard tail should do it. Must admit I prefer large wheel bikes as well

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi,I first rode the Haibike at the Tour de Presteigne-I thought it was the best off road bike I have ridden.The only problem was poor delivery and parts support from Germany.
Hope you do well with the range.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Dave, glad you enjoyed it when you rode it, we cannot wait to get our hands on a couple of demo models to put through their paces! We'll let everyone know our thoughts. Watch this space..
UK support seems to be key, so if we can tackle this were onto a winner!

3 I would think, blew its trekking model, a full Susser, and a cheaper hard tail should do it. Must admit I prefer large wheel bikes as well
Quite agree, a trekk'er, full suss'er & hard-tail with give a good array of options! Just to decide which ones..

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Personally prefer the blue black paint job, but high end ones tend to be white.....

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
Wow. Another dedicated ebike supplier on my doorstep (Cytronex being the other).
Better not tell SWMBO...

Last edited: