Happy new year :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Chris whittaker

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2015
We'll I've joined the forum and am currently saving for an ebike. Probably looking to purchase in about a years time as I'm dong it the old fashioned way and saving up.:eek:. I been having a look and was considering a Cube a moustache or a Riese and Mueller. The commuting/trekking style of bike. The ktm's where to garish for my taste. Now having looked through the catalogue it's clear to see that manufacturers are taking ebikes extremely seriously. The models look fantastic.(Pretty much all of them.:D. I have been going back and forth between an ebike and a conventional bike but after a ride along the seafront with the wind blowing off the Irish see I've made my mind up.:).
My budget is around £3000. £2000 if the wife asks.:oops:. The ktm's will be on my shortlist.

you need a self build option or at least let you pick the parts to make it ur own.
http://www.nicolai-bicycles.com/shop/eboxx/ion-eboxx-bikes.html

id just want a frame and motor batt and the cables for it ect ;)
All the parts on premium eBikes are the same as normal bikes, so any shop can change them, custom build you one, or sell you a frame / motor combo. We have to build over 1000 bikes a day, so there is no chance to offer custom factory builds when you are a brand at KTM's scale. The changes have to be made at the dealer level. But its totally possible.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I was going to get myself a new bike in a few weeks time, but having seen these and reading about new inovations I'll be waiting now to next spring. I'm sure my Wisper won't let me down. Talking of which I find David's plans at Amps and the Shimano STePs system exciting too. 2018 seems to be a great year for bike development.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
some will be out end of October ;)

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
All crank drive as far as I can see. Does this mean you have given up the Panasonic hub drive? If so this would be disappointing as I really like my EStreetP (not that I'm thinking about a replacement - yet....;))

Jim