Has anybody any info on Ecolux.Uk Tornado Bicycle

bill alexander

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 24, 2016
london
Hi there.Has anybody any info on the above e bike that I have purchased as a pre owned.Unable to use at the mo or ever as having battery problems at the moment.Is it pedal assisted or throttle powered,thumb throttle on handlebars.Suspect about ten years old but both in fantastic condition.Motor 200 watt internal geared,brushed,controller DKY3616.Just reading from pamphlet.Are they worth throwing a bit of money at them.Any info would be most appreciated.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi there.Has anybody any info on the above e bike that I have purchased as a pre owned.Unable to use at the mo or ever as having battery problems at the moment.Is it pedal assisted or throttle powered,thumb throttle on handlebars.Suspect about ten years old but both in fantastic condition.Motor 200 watt internal geared,brushed,controller DKY3616.Just reading from pamphlet.Are they worth throwing a bit of money at them.Any info would be most appreciated.
Does your bike look like this ?

Reactions: LeighPing

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Exactly the same Craiggor.Where did you find the photo?
Try googling Ecolux hurricane,think its the same bike.Also try Strong gts as it was sold in the US as that.Couple of interesting build threads on the endless sphere forum,Excelsior/strong GTS cromotor build and strong GTS fast road commuter.
The black one suffered a couple of frame breakages,fixes shown on the es thread.Some bikes had cast wheels.

• Informative

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
This bike is in the endless sphere thread,Sexy e-bikes with moto wheels.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

bill alexander

Sep 24, 2016
london
D Day today.Batteries delivered promptly but had to wait till today ,working,to replace into battery case.Charged up I headed to shed with everything crossed.Popped battery on turned key and hey presto full charge reading.Out into road to get used to extra weight of e bike.Operated thumb throttle and could not believe how rapid and smooth bike was.Back to shed to swap battery over to it's twin and got the same result.Well pleased!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What battery's did you get?

bill alexander

Sep 24, 2016
london
As I was unsure if the bikes worked went down the lead acid way to keep down costs.3 x 12 volt 14ah from vbat £118. Will think about lithium for second bike.Thanks for your interest D8ve.