Has ANYONE bought a BionX kit?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In fact the Advance made 14 Ah battery that eZee and Wisper use has very good high discharge characteristics, managing 27 amps from my personal experience with an eZee bike.

The eZee version coupled with their carrier mount might make a good alternative to buying a BionX replacement at half the BionX 10 Ah price and giving longer range.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
A skoda will do the job for half the price off a Volkswagen

So what and made by the same company

The new skoda Diesel 86 MPG

C

Cyclezee

Hi Frank,

My biggest problem with the Bionx system is the battery. We all know batteries are consumable items and even the very best are not going to last forever. So we have to think of the cost of a replacement battery when we are buying a complete e-bike or kit.

Of course I see your argument, if someone can afford to buy a Ferrari, they are probably in a position where they don't have to worry about the cost of filling the petrol tank as much as the owner of a VW does.

J:) hn

In fact the Advance made 14 Ah battery that eZee and Wisper use has very good high discharge characteristics, managing 27 amps from my personal experience with an eZee bike.

The eZee version coupled with their carrier mount might make a good alternative to buying a BionX replacement at half the BionX 10 Ah price and giving longer range.
hi flecc,
I agree that the ezee battery is a good battery and i like the complete easy kit. If i must buy a kit and have the choise between ezee and bionx, i would choose ezee.

but are you sure that the ezee battery allow´s to send 10Ampere back to the battery because on level 4 at regenbrake there comes a lot of watts back to battery ?

regards
frank

Last edited:
My biggest problem with the Bionx system is the battery.
my problem is that in my eyes the kit has to much trouble for this high price because for this price i await some more as only a high torque start and regen.
and i dont like heavy direct drive´s
But the technical fact´s is good at this system

I only like mid-motors because from my point of view, hill terrain, hub motor´s is stupid

regards
frank

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

As usual Tony, I have to agree with every word you say;) .

But, no apology for going off thread here, I just noticed you are over 16.5k posts, absolutely and completely amazing:eek:

C

Cyclezee

I only like mid-motors because from my point of view, hill terrain, hub motor´s is stupid

regards
frank
Hi Frank,

I hope I have understood you correctly, but you prefer mid or crank driven motors to hub motors for hilly terrain which I understand, but you sell hub motors. Is that because you prefer them on flat terrain?

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
sorry, this is your point of fewing but this is not the point of everyone.

Understand right, i´m relly not a fan of bionx-system because there is to much trouble in this system and the support is also not what i eccpect from such expencive system but...

i´m a man with technic intrest and from this point of viewing Bionx is a intresting system with a lot of advance in relation to the cheap china products. And as i said, if you have money to buy a bionx system, why not

a Volkswagen also drive from a-->b but with a ferrari you can drive faster and feel the power if you drive from a-->b the question is whether for this feeling is it a good idea to pay the double price?
so bionx is the double price of china Product, if i would follow your argument nobody would buy a ferrari but it isnt this way.
What i mean is that everybody have his own view and arguments why he buy or would like to have or would never buy...
and bionx is one of the most selled ebike system, so i would not say it is a niche product and it shows that many people dont follow your point of view, because we are human and verybody, thank god, is different in his viewing

regards
frank
OK it is a niche product end of story - better? By the way it is nowhere near a best seller - how many of those rubbish chinese bikes are sold all over the world. In London I have never seen a Bionx equipped bike, plenty of Panasonics, ezees etc. As I have said before on this forum I seriously considered a Bionx bike but it was ruled out on a number of points (and yes as you say support was a major one).

But if we want a car analogy I think the wankel engine would work quite well on most levels. Wonderful concept, very smooth, fewer moving parts etc but in reality not many miles to the gallon meant it was always going to be a niche product (even when they got the reliability right). Mainstream buyers were never going to pay for that fuel consumption even for something so technically advanced.

By the way I would pay more for a technical innovation provided it actually added some value so I am not the average Joe.

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

I hope I have understood you correctly, but you prefer mid or crank driven motors to hub motors for hilly terrain which I understand, but you sell hub motors. Is that because you prefer them on flat terrain?

hi john,

on flat terrain nobody need mid drive ;-) a cheap hub doe his job on flat terrain absolut good.

i sell at time only hub´s because there is no good chaindrive system on the market ;-(
the pansonic or the Daum is very well but you cant fix them to normal bikes and the cyclone (is selled in many different names) is to noise and i like silent motor because i think a e-bike should be silent

regards
frank

so i build my own mid-motor at time and in end of march is ready for to sell, silent and able to fix on every bike, i hope.

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Batterys

The Battery pack I have built uses 20 X 3.2 volt total 64 volts 16 AH cells Rated at 10 c charge and discharge so it can output 160 amps the BMS is 80 amp continues 160 amps peak for 20 seconds so the BMS dont shut down

With a 18 mosfet controller ruining at 60 amps continues without getting warm uses IRFB4110 fets max 180 amps 100 volts

now that's a battery It weighs 14 Kilos all in one box just add motor and throttle

but i don't think anybody on this forum can afford one it cost more than 99p Try £2,000

Frank

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
but are you sure that the ezee battery allow´s to send 10Ampere back to the battery because on level 4 at regenbrake there comes a lot of watts back to battery ?

regards
frank
True, it may well not allow that Frank, and I should have mentioned the possibility.

However, many BionX owners never use regen, not having conditions ideal for it like long downhills. For the many in the UK in either flatter areas or with short downhills not worth switching for, the eZee battery would be a good cost saving option.

C

Cyclezee

on flat terrain nobody need mid drive ;-) a cheap hub doe his job on flat terrain absolut good.

i sell at time only hub´s because there is no good chaindrive system on the market ;-(
the pansonic or the Daum is very well but you cant fix it to normal bikes and the cyclone (is selled in many different names) is to noise and i like silent motor because i think a e-bike should be silent

regards
frank

so i build my own motor at time and in end of march is ready for to sell, silent and aqble to fix on every bike, i hope.
I look forward to reading more about the motor you are building.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
but i don't think anybody on this forum can afford one it cost more than 99p

Frank
Plenty of people spend a fortune on their ebike here on this forum - usually the argument is made the other way and in the end we are accused of looking down on those not spending enough on a bike:D

ps I see you have added £2000 To your post!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But, no apology for going off thread here, I just noticed you are over 16.5k posts, absolutely and completely amazing:eek:

Not being a touch typist and fed up with my keyboards losing all their lettering through wear, I bought a little engraving tool and now engrave the letters into the keys and ink fill them! :cool:

C

Cyclezee

Not being a touch typist and fed up with my keyboards losing all their lettering through wear, I bought a little engraving tool and now engrave the letters into the keys and ink fill them! :cool:
Yeh right Tony, pull the other one;)........ or are you serious:confused:

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia

Flecc. You are correct the Bionx sellers I've fealty with (in north America) themselves recommend the Ezee kit as a less costly alternative to the Bionx.

By the way I would pay more for a technical innovation provided it actually added some value so I am not the average Joe.
hi Harry,
i see that you are not average joe and like to spend some money for good bike´s

And i belief in thinking about most points we are not far away.

for me a good ebike is leight weight, absolut silent, very good climbing ability, good range, and , if i look in my own wallet ;-) it should be cheap
that´s why i have decide to build my own motor after i have seen that no chinese company do this and the big companys like bosch spend to much knowledge in protect the Motor against self build people. And i vist exhibition worldwide, even in china or Taiwan or europe and dont see that one company present to me a resonabel mid-motor-system for self mounting on most bike frame´s

For everyone is something on the market and everyone prefer different points on a bike system.

You know, for me regen is not relly a main point for buying because with regen follows to much trouble but i think its is intresting, not for charge the battery, more for to protect the brakeshoes;-)

regards
frank

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yeh right Tony, pull the other one;)........ or are you serious:confused:

Yes, seriously. The letters that disappear most are W, E, R, T, A, S, O and L, all now engraved and inked in on the board I'm on. Easy to see now since many are a bit larger than the originals as you see here. As the others wear as many are already doing, I'll do the same again:

P1000467.jpg

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

You know, for me regen is not relly a main point for buying because with regen folows to much trouble but i think its is intresting, not for charge the battery, more for to protect the brakeshoes;-)

regards
frank
Like you say Frank, when I had my Bionx, I used the regen for the rear brake and doubt if it made much contribution to battery charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyclezee

Yes, seriously. The letters that disappear most are W, E, R, T, A, S, O and L, all now engraved and inked in on the board I'm on. Easy to see now since many are a bit larger than the originals as you see here:

View attachment 1812
OK Tony, now I believe you. Interesting to see which letters are used most frequently. I guess addresses are typed most frequently on my keyboard, so the letters D,U,M & P will soon disappear;)