Has anyone ridden the Woosh Krieger?

safetyfast

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2015
I know the Big Bear is highly regarded, but prefer the look of the Krieger. Just wondering if anyone has one, or has tried one, and how the crank drive compares to the hub motor on the Big Bear?

I am 41, 73kg, 5' 10", a bit unfit and want to use for hilly commuting sometimes but mainly pleasure use. Have already asked advice regarding Stealth and other low cost options. Woosh seem a good choice.

Thanks in advance.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I have. The Krieger is slightly lighter, has about the same raw power as the Big Bear but better weight distribution. The ride is similar to a bike fitted with BBS01 18A 350W kit.
I am partisan to crank drives, I prefer the Krieger, it's quiet and fast.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?krieger

Reactions: safetyfast

safetyfast

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2015
Thanks trex, that's interesting to hear. I find the Krieger a rather more interesting option and though I know you shouldn't judge a bike by its looks prefer the Krieger, especially the lower mounted battery. I haven't tried a crank drive, unfortunately in this part of the world Woosh bikes don't really exist.

The range on the Krieger also looks good. I am assuming that the crank drive is of a decent quality. Nice to know you feel it is fast - would like something that will crack on at a good pace, especially as I am quite light.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm another one who likes the Woosh Krieger appearance. It seems to have a well balanced look and a balance of practicality and good styling that's all too rare. It should do well as more get to see this new entrant.

Reactions: safetyfast

safetyfast

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2015
Interestingly, having emailed Woosh today, Andy from there seems to be encouraging me more towards the Big Bear, saying it has more grunt and is easier to ride. I am happy to take on a crank drive if it is possible to develop a non-brutal gear changing technique (I own several very old cars with little or no synchro, so am used to it!).

I just can't get very excited about the Big Bear...

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Andy is a big guy and he also prefers hub drives.
The Krieger is a bit small for him.

Jonathan Pallant

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2015
I tried a Big Bear and another Woosh with crank drive (think it was a Sirocco CDL). I preferred the hub motor as it made changing gear much simpler and I haven't got the hills that might make the crank drive worth the bother.

Nice bikes either way, and I was tempted, but Cyclescheme forced me elsewhere.