Have u used eclipsebikes

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I found it strange there was no telephone support number on there website so this is what i have found>

domain: ECLIPSEBIKES.COM

contact-handle: AI-557258
address: 8 Crossfell
address: Ponteland
address: NE20 9EA
address: GB
phone: +44.7762701773

Last edited:

Orraman

Pedelecer
May 4, 2008
Thank you for the information, I bought from Cyclone-tw.

When I bought my Cyclone motor the Cyclone-tw website gave more information on the motors, showing that the 180W up to the 360W were the same length, weight and indeed price.

The 500W motor was shown to be longer and heavier. For this stronger motor it was recommended that a larger battery be used to handle the greater current and the greater length meant a greater offset on the crank for clearance.

The motor label has dropped off my motor and as the legal limit is 250W I assume that is what I bought. Wanting to use it on a recumbent or a 20" Foldit I got the double freewheel motor and literally lashed it onto the long wheelbase recumbent to great effect. 30 months on I am still pleased with it but I do feel that the newer normal tensioning sprocket will be a considerable improvement on the earlier double flanged pulley which makes an annoying rattling sound as the links clicked over it.

There is good information on the photograph page and some close-ups on the TW recumbent page and some good performance data including sealed lead acid batteries in the USA site.
Dave

Electric bicycle DIY kits kit e-bike DIY kits kit Electric bicycle DIY kits kit e-bike DIY kits kit Electric bicycle DIY kits kit recumbent e-bike DIY kits kit recumbent

Cyclone-USA Performance Testing

Eclipsebikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 1, 2011
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the mention. Just came across your post by accident so thought we'd sign up & post a response.

We are based in Newcastle upon Tyne & offer various electric bike products including the Cyclone kits.

At present we don't have the resources to offer full telephone support throughout the working week so currently communicate via email & nothing worse i guess than constantly ringing a business & not getting a response.

Anyway if you need any info please just let us know :)

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Hi Rob
I am still not sure what motor to put on my gary fisher its now a tose up between a cyclone ...not sure which one is best as i want 25+ mph being a speed freak... or possibly a 350w or 500w bafung hub motor.
I have an old scott mtb at the moment and the guy i bought it off last year told me its a 750 rear hub motor made by longma with 3 x sla 12v batteries and it goe up to 20 mph and only covers 5 miles ... not great and i will be giving this to my son..

I will be in touch cheers:)

Last edited:

Eclipsebikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 1, 2011
We haven't really had any experience with the bafung hub motor so couldn't advise on those though the the Cyclone kits offer great speeds. Would generally recommend a good LifePo4 battery if going for Cyclone setup so as to get the best performance from the motors and allow for a decent range without overstressing the battery. With pedalling the 500 watt kit should allow for speeds between 25 - 30mph and down inclines up to 35mph is possible. Really the 36V 960 watt kit offers more than enough power to be used with a standard bike.