Heinzmann Battery, what is it

JohnDeere8530

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2010
I have a new Heinzmann battery like :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RESKpuv1PVA/SYm-x5mjjQI/AAAAAAAAASU/rwxAGuBb1bE/s1600/battery.bmp

I'm told it is 9.6amph/hr, Li-ion, but am unsure on the exact chemisty. Can anyone help me here.

The reason I want to know is to determine the best way to store them. Someone told me in a fridge @ 4C 40% charge. Does this sound right ? Also these are expensive, is there any alternative makes that are comptable with the heinzmann digital controller and digital throttle ?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Sounds right...

Sounds like good advice. For long periods of dis-use leave your battery somewhere cold and charge it every two months. For very long periods of dis-use let the charge diminish to about half and charge 6 monthly.

The lower temperature increases the resistance of the lithium and so reduces the rate of self-discharge. The rate of discharge is least from about 50% down to 0% and so keeping at this minimises the number of charges needed.

Lithiums can be charged thousands of times and still maintain a decent percentage of their original capacity.

The digital nature of the throttle and controller is not affected by the battery, and any lithium should be ok, as long as the voltage and rating is the same (so that the battery can supply the current demanded of it from the controller).