Hello All from a wet Wales.

Crwban

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 21, 2018
West Wales
Hello All from wet Wales.

I treated my much better half to an electric trike (Batritrike) as she stopped riding two wheels with me following a nasty leg break requiring ops and titanium. I now need something to keep up with her!

I've a few road and mtb bikes and a folder, but nothing electric. I did consider a conversion, but have decided to go for a fully built bike.

We keep the trike at a caravan, my bike will therefore need to be compact to transport back and forth in the car.

I'm used to folders having a 20"wheel Dawes,so I'm considering a 16"or 20" wheel folder with hub gears, the Woosh Gallego caught my eye as we'll only be doing short trips of approx 15 miles maximum and it looks compact. One of the smaller Kudos bikes could do the job, but I fancy hub gears.

No doubt I'll be picking your brains to help me spend my money, enough rambling for now, don't want to bore you with my first post.!

All the best for now

Crwban

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Crwban :)

I'd like to say folders are not my speciality, but then that'd presuppose I had a speciality :rolleyes: (I do own a Brompton M3L).

Happy leccy folder hunting.

Gaz

Reactions: Crwban

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
The Woosh Gallego is a good bike, although it has a very small battery, only 7.5Ah. It might struggle to manage a 15 mile trip. It is a bike that is best suited for riders who weigh under 100kg.

Which part of Wales are you from? Siarad Cymraeg?

Crwban

Feb 21, 2018
West Wales
Thanks All,

Yes it is strangely sunny this week.:)

I need a folder more for practical reasons, transporting and storage, otherwise I'd go for a full size frame or convert one of my bikes.

I think the Gallego may be too small,unless I can be convinced and I'm plus 100Kg, but losing weight on a diet.

Still, looks a good bike and I'd only be riding on smooth tarmac.
I'd probably have to take two batteries, which is not really practical.

Will look further into 20" wheel folders and report back.:)

Rwy'n dod o Sir Gar, bydd i siarad Saesneg.

Crwban

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
I'm from Carmarthenshire too, there seem to be a few of us local bods on here :)

Crwban

Feb 21, 2018
West Wales
I'm not that far from you.:)

We are very fortunate in Carmarthenshire having so many good surface traffic free trails, Swiss Valley, Millennium coastal path and others more inland around Ammanford.

There's also a relatively new link too from Kidwelly to Burry Port.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
There's also a relatively new link too from Kidwelly to Burry Port.
I used to ride that on my horse before they surfaced it. Not done it on the bike yet tho. I really enjoy the Route 47 / MCP ride, but I'm wary of the road ride back through Mynyddygarreg and over the top. Need to stick the Varia on the back of the bike and get some brave pants on I think!