Hello fellow ebikers, here is some video of my new electic bike so far.....

Dirk Schooner

Just Joined
May 26, 2011
Hi, I am new to this forum but have been playing with these for around a year now. My first conversion was a front wheel drive old Scott hard front and tail, with rim brakes, basically it dropped to bits, so I made the decision to invest in a better bike with adjustable suspension and hydro brakes, the 2 most important things in my opinion. After a lot of research and purchasing 2 second hand bikes which both turned out to be different size frame form advertised, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new Giant Trance X3 2010 to convert.

This is it so far:

YouTube - ‪Electric bike conversion - Giant Trance X3 with 1000w 48v 20Ah‬‏

I have made a couple of changes since this, lowered suspension pressure by about 50lbs fornt and back, just got used to braking properly and balancing front and rear brake application. also the batter is now more 'slung' form the crossbar, rather than strapped to down tube also, this raises it slightly, but stops it banging on the bottom.

And here is a distance and terrain test I did today, my GPS failed so guessing at <20 miles total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i_57Wgzkg

That's it so far anyway, great fun to ride. Total cost about £2000 (with kit, battery and bike).

Very happy.

Last edited: