Hello Fellow Pedelecs

Tyscaman

Just Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Powys
Hello everyone my name is Jason and I love electric powered things especially bicycles - Its an exciting world emerging and I believe electric bicycles are going to lead the way - has anyone read the European Comission white paper on the future of European Transport ? It set out a famework for creating a sustainable transport system by 2050 and pedelecs are very much part of it to me that's exciting stuff. Anyway just a quick intro I am currently building a Magic Pie powered bike should be up and running in a couple of weeks and I intend to commute from Welshpool Powys to Shrewsbury Shropshire each day a round trip of 36 miles, if I manage it then by not using the car I will save £1500 in fuel alone not counting wear and tear costs.
Looking forward to making some contributions to the forum

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Hi and welcome sounds like you have a very cunning plan there.

£2.49

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2013
Hello everyone my name is Jason and I love electric powered things especially bicycles - Its an exciting world emerging and I believe electric bicycles are going to lead the way - has anyone read the European Comission white paper on the future of European Transport ? It set out a famework for creating a sustainable transport system by 2050 and pedelecs are very much part of it to me that's exciting stuff. Anyway just a quick intro I am currently building a Magic Pie powered bike should be up and running in a couple of weeks and I intend to commute from Welshpool Powys to Shrewsbury Shropshire each day a round trip of 36 miles, if I manage it then by not using the car I will save £1500 in fuel alone not counting wear and tear costs.
Looking forward to making some contributions to the forum
2050! Makes me a little sad, not sure if i will still be around by then!

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
2050! Makes me a little sad, not sure if i will still be around by then!
Me too but we have to make room for the young folk and it's nice to feel the enthusiasm Jason has for the future along with a lot of other young folk!
At least I had the guilt free pleasure of V8 cars and drinking and driving etc. before knowing it was wrong and it becoming anti social.:)