Hello from a complete newbie

Mrs Iffacus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe
Hello,

I come from a strong cycling background and have competed in time trials and triathlons and am still very fit for my age (49) I cycle 3-5 miles to work almost every day. So why have I gone for a pedal assisted bike?

I drive 20 miles towards work, park in a safe area and cycle in either 3 or 5 miles depending where I park. The 5 mile route is much better as I sail past a lot of traffic on the cycle path. But sometimes when I have done a lot of exercise at the weekend or a tough training session at my running club I cannot face the hill on the 5 mile route. I then discover that my work do a bike to work scheme through the local electric bike shop. Now I thought I'd never get one of these until I literally couldn't pedal up a hill anymore. However, I have had a couple of test rides and have been sucked into the world of the Freego Folder (needs to fit easily in a car).

It's awaiting my work approval for the payment then I'm good to go. Really looking forward to riding it to work. I hoping to do the 5 mile route in every day, with assistance if I need it, or free pedal if I'm feeling good.

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you got a bigger non folding bike you could ride to work and back if you charged the batt at work or just use 2.

would take about an hour to ride.

Mrs Iffacus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2016
Donisthorpe
I thought of that but the road I use to work is not very nice to cycle on. Plus I need to drop my daughter at the childminder and pick her up, would be too awkward. But a thought for the future when she is older :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
road will not be a problem with a fs mtb :)

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Good luck with the commute, I have recently started just over 5 miles to work, and I really love it, even after a long day, I still enjoy the cruise home, avoiding the traffic, it's great!