Hello from East Sussex

kwakzx7r

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Eastbourne
Hi all thought Id better say hello after having been lurking for a few days :)
Just bought my self a new secondhand Green Edge CS2, 7 miles from new and looks mint. Been going over it today making sure it's been assembled correctly and properly set up and it's looking good. Found the thread on increasing the top speed which I've done but can find nothing on de restricting the thumb throttle so Im able to max speed with no pedaling (off road of course) If anyone can help with that I'd be much obliged.
Anyway happy New Year everyone and ride safe.

Reactions: LeighPing

kwakzx7r

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Eastbourne
Hi Gaz, good to see another local :) where about's are you and what you riding mate ? I'm close to the Asda/Langney roundabout

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Not far away at all then - I'm up near Langney Shopping Centre and I'm riding a Whyte Coniston. Pleasantly surprised at how much I love the bike and e-bikery :cool:

Gaz

kwakzx7r

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Eastbourne
Very nice bike the Whytes, took my first ride out today up to the shopping centre and back, and thinking I could really get into this e biking being a biker any way :)
Been out anyway decent around here yet ?

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I go in all directions except due south ;)

I like going over to Hastings Pier & back via Normans Bay, or out over Pevensey Marshes. The Cuckoo Trail is convenient, but I get fed up with all the other people using it (tinging my bell and smiling politely, when I really want to scream 'how much of this f'kin 10' wide bit of tarmac do you actually need!!'). Up over Beachy Head is good exercise - riding back from Belle Tout is surprisingly hard (for me!). I'm going to give Abbots Wood a go soon, although I reckon I'll need a spare inner tube for the particular surfaces through there. Past the Long Man is a nice ride, heading down to Seven Sisters, although I try to avoid the main A roads these days coz of not really enjoying traffic - a Merc had me (gently) off last week, overtaking me on Whitley Road - then turning left heading towards ESK - right into my path, cretin :mad:

Gaz

Last edited:

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Hi Guys,
We are near you in Peacehaven , we can go a mile south before we dip our lights and often do the east west Sustran route 2 to get anywhere , Most of the time now we are using the e-trikes as they are more FUN .cold nr rottingdean.jpg
Since they opened the esplanade to cycles it is easier getting to brighton and beyond . The problem with peacehaven is the climbs in and out mean 2000 feet climbs ( accumulative ) in eight mile round trip before we go anywhere .

regards emma

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hey Emma [waves] :)

Seaford's about as far as I go west. Peacehaven's a whole other ball game.

Gaz

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
We can kill a battery in the 6 miles from peacehaven to newhaven and back .

generally we will take the trikes to seaford and start from there .