Hello from hilly Sheffield

Suitgirl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hiya, my name is Vanda and tomorrow I will be taking delivery of my first ebike. It is an Oxygen S-Cross ST from the South Yorkshire Electric Bike Company. I am very excited about it. I started cycling in Sheffield five years ago mostly for commuting, I have never been a cycle fanatic but it's growing on me. My car died a couple of weeks ago and I decided that I really didn't want another one but that I would struggle in hilly Sheffield with just my road bike, especially getting to meetings for work. So hopefully this will fit the bill. The first task tomorrow will be how it tackles the long and tough hill from work up to the pub at 4.30!

I am hoping that this bike will make me want to cycle more and be enthusiastic about cycling just for the fun of it! We shall see ............

Suitgirl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
It has plenty of power for those hills. It's perfect for what you want. Make sure that you have a good lock for it if you're going to park it anywhere - no crappy cable lock. Get something like this:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Oxford-Barrier-Armoured-Cable-Lock_28319.htm?sku=57865&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyJRq0F6HIu0iDZ6WafLiHydifmqWipzrQ044DSKjZ4O8y77Rlu3KNxoCmRwQAvD_BwE#
Thank you will do, I have also got a fob for the cycle hub at the train station, and will definitely get it insured!

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Just take care over those tram lines...