Hello from Sussex

Chinapig

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2016
Hi folks

Recently joined the Forum, as my wife and I are planning to get a pair of e-bikes shortly, and this site looked to be a great source of info - a very useful part of our research.

We live near the UK south coast, which always seems to be windy! So we think a pair of e-bikes, to help counteract those headwinds would be a good move, especially on longer runs - our target is a radius of approx 20 miles. I have recently retired, and my wife will soon, so our application is mainly recreational and fitness. We have tried a number of different e-bikes over the last few weeks, amd beginning to narrow the choice - I'll start another thread on our shortlist in the appropriate part of the Forum. I currently ride a Trek road bike, and not a complete stranger to e-bikes, as lurking in our shed is a Swizzbee 50c, which I acquired via a salary sacrifice scheme through my work some years ago. The Swizzbee is great, still works well - and yes, it's pretty nippy - but I would prefer to be legal!

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Hope you enjoy looking for your new bikes, you will get plenty of help on here once you have sorted out roughly what you are after (or if you can't get your head around it, just ask for ideas anyway under 'which electric bike should I buy'.

Chinapig

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2016
Thanks Lancslass

Yes, it's an interesting journey of discovery, learning about all the variables that need to be taken into account. Getting there slowly... I will indeed post a question or two under "Which electric bike..."

Cheers
C