Hello from Warwickshire

AshleyBrayson

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Rugby UK
Hi everyone,
I have no experience of electric bikes but I want to get one for my wife. I'm thinking of a folding model due to lack of spare room at home but I would also like to get one in the future so that we can put them in the car when we go away for weekends. I have looked online at several models and love the look of the Juicy folding bikes if anyone has any experience of them? I want to get something that doesn't look too modern or utilitarian if you know what I mean.

I look forward to any advice.
Thanks
Ashley

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Ashley
Can I ask what sort of riding you intend and dare I ask about your fitness level and the terrain you intend riding?
It's great you like the look of our bikes but it's important that you choose the right version for you. Can you come over for a test ride?

AshleyBrayson

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Rugby UK
Hi,
Well, two years ago my wife had a brain aneurysm and it's our 25 th wedding anniversary on 1st August so I thought I'd get her a folding ebike. After her recovery We decided to go on lots of village walks etc so quite often we stay at a pub or pubs not that far from home. I thought it would be nice if we could have two folding bikes in the car with us just to tootle around during our stays. We are in our mid fifties and to be honest we haven't riden a bike for decades but talking to two friends in their 70's ( they retro fitted kits to their bikes ) it sounds like the ideal thing to get . Also my wife works about 2 miles from home so I thought it would be great for that. We're both pretty fit in general.
I'm thinking of getting it as a surprise.
Also we have very little room at home with regards to storage so a folding bike seems perfect.

PS. My post on the FatMini bike wasn't related to my wife's bike. In case you saw that. There will be no
off roading.

Hi Ashley
Can I ask what sort of riding you intend and dare I ask about your fitness level and the terrain you intend riding?
It's great you like the look of our bikes but it's important that you choose the right version for you. Can you come over for a test ride?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Are you able to come to the Peak District to take a bike out for a while Ashley?

If you can bring your other half's measurements with you we'll do our best to advise on the best model for her, after you've tried few out and assessed them for yourself.

We're pretty good at keeping secrets :)

AshleyBrayson

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Rugby UK
Hello there,
I'm afraid I can't make it that far but I could go to a dealer in Kettering for a closer look? Do you have concerns about the suitability of the folding bike? Thanks
Are you able to come to the Peak District to take a bike out for a while Ashley?

If you can bring your other half's measurements with you we'll do our best to advise on the best model for her, after you've tried few out and assessed them for yourself.

We're pretty good at keeping secrets :)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hello there,
I'm afraid I can't make it that far but I could go to a dealer in Kettering for a closer look? Do you have concerns about the suitability of the folding bike? Thanks
Hi Ashley
Kettering will look after you and should have both Compacts available to try. My only concern is for your wife to try herself to ensure the bike is a good fit.

But a surprise electric bike for a birthday is a fantastic gift and you'll be able to see and try the bikes on her behalf.

Do give them a call first. We can send them bikes they don't have within a few days. I hope you enjoy the test ride.

AshleyBrayson

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Rugby UK
Thank you very much.
Hi Ashley
Kettering will look after you and should have both Compacts available to try. My only concern is for your wife to try herself to ensure the bike is a good fit.

But a surprise electric bike for a birthday is a fantastic gift and you'll be able to see and try the bikes on her behalf.

Do give them a call first. We can send them bikes they don't have within a few days. I hope you enjoy the test ride.