Hello from Wiltshire

Shaun123

Just Joined
Nov 6, 2016
Wiltshire
Hi, I'm Shaun, I'm 6 foot and the best part of 18 stone, although I'm currently aiming to get down to my fighting weight of 15 stone. Unfortunately a bad leg injury a few years ago meant I had an external frame on my leg, thus the increase in weight.
But onto more cheerful and important things. I' m in the market for a bike, but like most newbies am getting confused as the range is so wide and there's always something just a bit better and a bit more expensive.
So I've set myself a budget of £1750, my wife's got a Volt Kensington which I've tried so I' m fairly comfortable I' m doing the right thing. Currently Olympic S Cross or Wisper 905 are leading contenders. I' m not in any rush but have given myself a month.
Any others to be put in the mix?

Shaun

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

I guess you mean Oxygen S-cross. Both are very good bikes and two of my favourites. Both have good torque for hills. The Wisper has a quieter motor and a torque sensor, if that's a meaningful advantage for you, and the Oxygen has more speed (25mph if you want it) and is cheaper. Both of those bikes should be OK fo a 6ft 18st bloke. There's lots of other bikes in that price range, some lighter, some more powerful and some with other useful features. Unless you have specific requirements, it's difficult to choose. If you have hills with gradient greater than 20%, maybe a crank drive bike would be better.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If you do buy a bike with a torque sensor it's important to make sure it has a speed/cadence sensor as we'll get the best out of the bike.

All the best, David