Hello, I am Patrick and a newcomer to all this ebike stuff

pjtives

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 24, 2015
Well I came across the web site after searching for anything regarding taking power from your batttery to power /charge phones or GPS / tablet. One suggestion was to use one of those backup batteries . Never thought of that and have 3 of em so thats sorted.
I live in northern Spain, and am quite unfit , such that I have had to "retire" my BMW and Ducatis. Missed getting about the little roads and exploring and found that my ancient MTB was just too much hard work. To cut things short I found a shop/rental place in Santander (Turybikes) who spent an age talking me through ebikes - they gave me a Tucano Urano to try out, I rode it round the block and was hooked. Threw it in the back of the car, they said if I buy a bike the rental is waived, take it away and play. So I played - and the more I played the more I was hooked.
So I asked them to get me a new one - am hoping to get it this week - meanwhile they let me keep the rental one for a few more days.
In Spain the government have a scheme called PIMA Aire, basically they give you €200 refund (but it can take forever) so with the poor pound it works out at a sensible price. (If you are a resident in Barcelona you can get another €250 on top of that)
Even though I have only done short rides it just feels so good to get out and I feel a lot fitter already. I must admit to going into this blind but I really like the bike / specs / and I am having fun again (at 60). So thats it really quite exciting. I found an app called MapMyRide which is great fun to share where you have been. I'm going to stop now. Bye

Reactions: 4bound

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm jealous, I want to live in Santander too. You have made the right choice because even on foot some of those streets are very steep!

Tony